God really reminded me today how important friendships can be! He brings people into our lives for a reason...today it was for laughter, support and encouragment!
I had the opportunity to volunteer for a short time today putting labels onto brochures for our annual homeschooling workshop/curriculum fair. I was able to help get the job done (many hands make light work), and laugh and fellowship and encourage my fellow homeschooling moms....what a blessing it was!
I am in awe of seeing God's hand so clearly in our lives lately! Not that He isn't always here....but it has just been so evident. Especially in the area of friendships. Over the past few years...He has strengthened some friendships, brought others to deeper levels, but what really blows my mind ( excuse the expression...I'm tired!) is how many "kindred spirits" He has brought into our lives recently! Oh, my goodness! Not just for the girls....but for me as well! I'm so grateful!
You know a "kindred spirit" when you both have so much in common that there never seems to be enough time to talk! When you share so many interests, and share the same values as well.
Some friendships are only meant for a season....and then they end or drift away. Some are only meant to be on a "lighter" level....some are meant to be a mentor/ Titus 2 friendship....and still others are deeper. All are so important. The girls and I were talking about friendships recently, about putting effort into a friendship, accepting people the way they are...not expecting more from them than they are capable to giving...remembering that we are ALL sinners...and letting God deal with their sins....not dwelling on them ourselves. Simply enjoying each others company, encouraging each other, supporting each other and sometimes exhorting each other...pointing each other to Christ and His word.
I am so very, very grateful for the wonderful friendships the Lord has blessed me with! I pray that He helps me be a better, true friend as well!!! God bless! ~Sue~
1 comment:
Sue, I love that a large part of your blog's theme is about meaningful, edifying friendships. That blesses my heart!
Post a Comment