Our first Cubscout Pinewood Derby was on Saturday, and I must admit...it was a lot more fun than I anticipated! It started when Ron, Ronnie and one of Ronnie's grandfathers, Buppy, measured and cut out the car. Then Ron and Ronnie painted it, and 'detailed ' the car...I mean, this car even had a real pinstripe on it! It was definitely a "guy" activity, but my guys will have great memories from this, I'm sure!
Here is Ronnie holding his car the night before at practice.
Each car is weighed, and fine tuned to meet the derby standards. It was fun watching Ron and Ronnie doing it together! Here they weighed the car...exactly 5oz!
Look how proud my guys look!
This is the morning of the derby. Ronnie had a lot of fun with his friends (pictured here, Jacob and Steven)...although, he had a blast just watching the races.
Look at that smile! He had such a great time! This was extremely well organized and thought out...I was very impressed with the leadership.
This is when they called all the boys up by their Den ( we're Den #1) and EVERY boy got a trophy just for participating. They awarded slightly larger trophies for the fastest 4 cars. Out of 9 cars in our den entered, Ronnie's came in 4th...not too bad for our first time!
It was fun to do with friends, as well. Our friends, the Webber's participated as well and the boys all had a good time. (the parents did, too!)
Here is Ronnie holding his car the night before at practice.
Each car is weighed, and fine tuned to meet the derby standards. It was fun watching Ron and Ronnie doing it together! Here they weighed the car...exactly 5oz!
Look how proud my guys look!
This is the morning of the derby. Ronnie had a lot of fun with his friends (pictured here, Jacob and Steven)...although, he had a blast just watching the races."Cargo"
Look at that smile! He had such a great time! This was extremely well organized and thought out...I was very impressed with the leadership.
This is when they called all the boys up by their Den ( we're Den #1) and EVERY boy got a trophy just for participating. They awarded slightly larger trophies for the fastest 4 cars. Out of 9 cars in our den entered, Ronnie's came in 4th...not too bad for our first time!
It was fun to do with friends, as well. Our friends, the Webber's participated as well and the boys all had a good time. (the parents did, too!)
Do I look proud of my boy, or what?! It really was a memory maker!
One happy boy! His first trophy....and a lot of fun working with his grandfather and especially, with his Dad! Can't wait until next years, Pinewood Derby!
2 comments:
Wow! It looks like you had a great time! Congratulations Ronnie on your car "Cargo", she's beautiful! Seth didn't make it this year....maybe next year!:) I love the pictures too, Mrs. Gorecki.
Love, Michaela
P.S. That was a close game at times on Sunday, wasn't it? Yay Steelers!:)
OK, I wanna say this before I completely forget... which I will.
I was at the dentists the other day (yuk) and there are pictures of random things on top. Dogs, cats, and so forth...
Well, one of the pictures is of a TON of babies. I could promise you Ronnie was onen of those babies. It looks JUST like hime. Like, enough to make you wonder if Ronnie ever did any dental pictures.
Did he?
Post a Comment