Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along...

Joining with Ginny over at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along...posting what we are working on with our shared love of fiber and our love of reading...please, go on over and check some wonderful reading and fiber art! ~This week, I've started a hat to match a scarf I finished using Paton's chocolate wool and simply softs 'toast'....I've found working with 2 strands of yarn are trickier for me, but as that is what I did for the scarf, I want the hat to match. Underneath, I have a shawl that should be finished soon...as soon as I have a little more time to sit and knit! LOL I've been working hard at purging our home of 'excess'...excess everything! Not a lot of knitting going on, but I try and do at least a few rows a day. I've been reading a lot of books by Ruth Bell Graham at night and have been challanged and inspired by her writings....In the above book, Legacy of a Pack Rat...these are various writings of hers thru the years....mostly journal entries and her thoughts thru the years...wonderful reading! So concludes my 'Yarn Along' for this week! I'm looking forward to getting some good reading ideas and yarn inspirations over at Small Things! ~Sue~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I am teaching myself to crochet. I wanted to tell you I have CFS so I understand what you go through. I just take it one day at a time.
I went back and read your blog.I so enjoyed learning about you.
Have a simple day.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I am teaching myself to crochet. I wanted to tell you I have CFS so I understand what you go through. I just take it one day at a time.
I went back and read your blog.I so enjoyed learning about you.
Have a simple day.
Elizabeth

Emily@theNest said...

The yarn looks so soft and lovely! And the book sounds great, I love short stories and writings!

Jarka said...

looks like a nice interesting book :)
good luck with the hat :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh chocolate wool - sounds devine. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I could knit with that chocolate yarn - it'd drive me to the candy jar 40 times a day! Yummy!