Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu plan Monday...

Well, my friends...after this past weekend of parties, and still trying to get my meds adjusted...I am not as prepared for menu planning as I should be this week....but again, sometimes...this is real life...I am not always as organized as Iwould like, but I am prepared. My freezers are full and pantry is full....I can whip something up quickly using the ingredients that I have on hand. This week, in particular, my oldest daughter is having 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, so I am making extra chicken broth, and homemade vanilla yogurt for her and trying to think of meals for all of us for the end of the week that she could eat, too....so I don't have to cook double meals, she can eat it well and the rest of the family likes it....so I'm still working on ideas for the end of the week...but, here is my 'loose' menu plan for the week...and just dinners right now...that's about all I can get together in my mind! LOL But again, this is my 'real life'...and it will be good! Blessings on your week! ~Sue~

Monday: crockpot venison stroganoff, brown rice, sweet/sour red cabbage w/bacon

Tuesday: chicken and rice soup, brazilian chebe bread

Wednesday: chicken enchiladas and salad (my daughter, Sara is cooking that day!)

Thursday; gf pierogie casserole, peas

Friday: chicken and gf dumplings, veggies

Saturday: homemade gf mac and cheese, green beans

Sunday: porcupine balls, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots

~Next week....trying some new 'international' recipes, such as homemade 'papusas'...can't wait! This week...we're all about comfort.

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

I am so about being real and comfort sounds wonderful this week. I haven't made porcipine meatballs for a long time, that sounds good..Love perogies, and dumplings...
I also wanted to thank you for your comment,,,yes Mike really did do YMCA...just the thought of it is funny.
Blessings for a wonderful week,
Jolyn