Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Everyone is an artist....

I read a quote somewhere that said " Constructing something uses only the head, but creating something comes from the heart."

Here at Moonbeams Dreams , she is participating in a create something (anything) everyday for a month. I was inspired to think about the many ways that I 'create' everyday. By the way, please....go to Moonbeams Dreams and check out Jessica's etsy shop. I use her soaps and they are the creamiest, most delicious high quality soaps I've ever used. (her orange vanilla is my favorite)

As a homeschooling mother of 4, I had many years where I felt I had no creativity. I realized a few years ago, that just homeschooling 4 kids IS creative! LOL I was inspired by our Creator...by His creation....and since we are made in His image, ....I felt the need to be creative for me....to use the Godly creativity that I was given. I started making new recipes from foodnetwork...and tweaking the recipes, and loved being creative in the kitchen! I also started falling in love again (as I had years ago) with fiber....yarn, sewing, quilting....and started crocheting, and quilting....then in the middle of 36 inches of snow and 2 sick small children...I taught myself to knit. I also fell in love with writing again and started this blog along with journaling.

I was inspired by Jessica's post, to create "something" everyday....and as I usually work on something everyday, more specifically....I want to work with my children and get them into creating more....to look for the beauty more and to help them figure out what their medium or mediums for creating bring them the most joy.

How do you all feed the creativity that our magnificent Creator gave each one of us? Have a blessed, creative day! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thought-provoking post, Mrs. Gorecki. i really enjoyed it. Im going ot try and create something everyday as well, whether it be a hand craft, a memory or anything else!! I'll try to "do it all for the glory of God!!!" =) Have a wonderful day<3

moonbeam's dreams said...

Sue, i would love to send you a bar of my merino wool felted soap. i think as a fiber lover you'll really like it. will you email your address to me?
thank you! have a great night