Saturday, January 15, 2011

A fun filled birthday weekend....

~Happy 9th birthday to my special, one and only son! Happy Birthday, Ronnie!~

What a whirlwind the past few days has been! Lots of preparing to host 2 birthday parties in 2 days here....don't know what I would ever do without my oldest daughters...they are such a help and so accomplished in the kitchen, too! (you should taste their cupcakes!)

We hosted family last night for Ronnie's birthday....lots of fun and visiting going on...Ronnie is a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan and my cousin got him a hat and an official winter classic puck...cool!
I love this picture! Ronnie and our cousin, Maggie share the same birthday! When I was expecting Ronnie, my cousin, Kim was anxiously waiting for the go-ahead to get Maggie from China and brought her home a few short weeks before Ronnie was born...so we were expecting together....what a blessing family is!


This morning, Ronnie woke up very early on his birthday to brave the cold and snow for his basketball game....here is the team picture with his buddies.

After the game, we brought home 5 of his best friends for a party....lots of food, Star Wars and Legos going on...and a fun pyramid, too!



While I was the commander from the 'mother ship'...these were my Jedi....they saved the universe and rid the galaxy of evil this afternoon!

Our tired, but happy birthday boy! Happy 9th Birthday, my son! We love you!
~Sue~

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Bless his heart..he is such a wonderful son..Please give him our love and a big birthday hug from us. Next year two digits...Love you Jolyn...
Oh and red velvet cupcakes with white icing sounds great.

Dayna said...

Happy Birthday, Ronnie! I love the story about Maggie. I'm glad that you had such a special weekend.