I had such a special, wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! My family...I am so very blessed! At one time, I thought I may never have children of my own...it was heartbreaking, as all I had ever wanted to be was a wife and mother...I never had a 'calling' to be anything else.
My oldest daughter, Meghan, made me a vintage 1940's apron! She "highjacked" my pattern that I had been meaning to sew up (but never got around to it) and found this cool fabric in my favorite color (it has roosters on it), matched it up with the black and white gingham and made this for me in secret. I am so proud of the job that she did! I love it!
My Sara made me a "comfort bag" with a washable 'pillowcase'....I love keeping this in the freezer...it really helps when the pain in my neck gets bad. What a great job she did!
My son...what a priviledge it is to raise each of these children for God! Having a son, and raising him as a Godly young man is a priviledge and a challange...and I cherish him everyday!
My littlest girl....what a gift these last 2 children are! (They all are, of course, but we thought we were done after Meghan and Sara)...My little Anna....she is so precious and brings such joy and laughter to us all!
My mom....my mentor....my best friend! We've always been close and she is the woman that I want to share everything with, do things with , spend time with...along with my husband and children....we just enjoy each other's company so much! I am blessed to be her daughter!
My blessings...at the end of a long, busy Mother's Day....can't imagine what my life would be without being their mother!~I am reading a book right now called "Worldliness" authored by a number of people and edited by C.J. Mahaney.....I cannot tell you how convicted I am by this book!
I have been taken in by the world so insidiously that I didn't even realize in how many ways! Some questions that just about JUMPED OFF the PAGE this morning were " What worldview is being presented? Am I seeking to escape something by watching/doing this activity? Am I doing it because I am bored or lazy? Is so, what does that reveal about my heart? Am I watching/doing simply because others are? Am I trying to "fit in"? How has my online activity affected my soul? What motivates me to blog, read blogs, Facebook or surf the web?
All of these questions have been leading up to questions that I've been asking myself lately....so (I'm not sure how many readers I have or not), but these questions, I feel are a way of God showing me time wasters in my life...almost "virtual reality" instead of living the life He gave me, for His glory.
Ephesians 4:1 tells us to 'walk in a manner that is worthy of the calling He's given us"....I know that my calling as a wife, mother and homeschooling mom, is the most important calling He has given me...I also admit that time spend on the computer is, for me....basically a huge time waster and (I'll admit) sometimes an 'escape'. Well....I feel as if I've been given a reprieve...a wakeup call....another chance. I am called to be a loving, supportive help-meet to my husband....to build him up, encourage, love and support him. I'm called to love my children...to spend time with them, and I am called to teach them...first about Him and His world & word....then academics...from a biblical worldview. I know that I don't possibly have time to do all of those things if I am blogging, reading blogs, surfing the internet or on facebook.....so...I am not going to say this blog is closed....I'm not going to say I'm shutting the computer down or that I will never be on facebook again....but I feel no "calling" to post on this blog or on facebook right now. Maybe the Lord will prompt me to write something someday...and when He does, I'll obey...for now....I have a new excitement...a renewed spirit to be the woman...wife/mother that God wants me to be...fully present with my family...enjoying the special life He has blessed me with! God bless you all! ~Sue~
1 comment:
Hi! Happy (late) Mothers Day (even though you aren't my mother...you are a mother!!:P haha) Glad you all had a wonderful Lord's Day and celebration of the shapers of the next generation. It really is the highest calling the Lord gives to women and I am looking forward to one day (Lord-willing) fulfilling that calling. :) See you soon!
Post a Comment