Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Piece of my joy!


There is no greater joy than walking with my Lord! No greater joy than being with my husband and children! I am blessed! Here are some pieces of our week.


This has been a week of "getting back to normal"...actually, for figuring out what the new normal was! LOL I feel as if I've gotten my joy back again! We've been finishing up our end of the year schooling, planning for next year and getting the house and yard in order. I've loving hanging out clothes on my new clothes line...and enjoying doing it with my girls. I've been enjoying all the tough, "guy" things my son has been doing and helping his dad with . Finally feeling as I'm coming out from under a cloud.


Tomorrow, I'm packing up the kids and driving an hour to spend the day with my mom and step-dad! We can't wait...picking up my niece Tina on the way, having sandwiches and going to a lake to play and walk and just enjoy each others company.


I'm leaving my oldest daughters, Meghan & Sara, there for 4 days. They call it their 'vacation'....they love staying there! Lots of movies, card playing, laughing, cooking and shopping will be going on. I'm going to miss them so much! But, am looking forward to doing some special things with my little ones while the big ones are gone. Life is just moving so fast! Meghan graduates next year, and Sara the year after. Ronnie is getting so tall and is involved in so many activities...hockey, cubscouts, basketball...and he loves working with his hands and nature. Anna is finishing kindergarten and "this close" to reading on her own....first grade will be here soon.


This week we've had wonderful opportunities to spend time with precious friends that we haven't seen in a while...the girls had a sleepover and a leisurely day with the Goettels....and had a special visit today with our friends, the William's.....some of our very best friends.


Had the opportunity to see my special nephew, Shayne, go to his Senior prom today. He looked so handsome in his tux...a little nervous, but so handsome and grown up!


Just been spending time with my family...getting into new routines, focusing on character building, teaching new skills....and enjoying this weather. Learning new knitting techniques..loving some new yarn...have some sewing projects going on....it's almost strawberry picking time! Will be focusing on getting the garden in soon...and looking forward to good friends coming in from Ohio for Memorial day weekend. Many blessings to everyone!
Have a very blessed weekend! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are doing better, Sue!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Love you and miss you, Mum. :) "How good it is to be loved by our Lord!"