Monday, April 19, 2010

A special "Mom Date" with my littlest one...

I always thought, when we just had Meghan & Sara, that it was perfect....2 children, 2 parents...plenty of attention and time for each! I used to marvel at larger families and how could they POSSIBLY give each child enough attention?! Well....after having Ronnie and Anna, and now watching my little nephew a couple of days a week....I know it can be done. But, I think sometimes, we need to make that extra effort to make special memories alone with each one. It doesn't happen all the time around here, but I am conciously looking for opportunities to just "chat" one on one....for a quick hug.
Last week, that opportunity presented itself for Anna and I....my littlest girl. Ron & Ronnie were doing a bowling party and then a cubscout field trip to a construction site...Meghan & Sara were with friends most of the day....so Anna and I had a "Mom Date" to Chick Fil A....just the two of us!
She loved this cow!!! She was making up stories about "her" and talked about her all thru lunch....and was so happy to get her picture taken with "her"!
Sometimes, it is just the "little things" that make memories and bring smiles to little faces. I treasure the time with each of my children, and will treasure the memory of my day with my little Anna....knowing how fast they grow up!
~Sue~

No comments: