Friday, April 23, 2010

Dvd review: God's Purpose for it All by Jim Sammons

I was recently blessed to borrow a dvd called "God's Purpose for it All" by Jim Sammons. It blessed me so very much, and helped me to remember to count my blessings and to see God's hand in every aspect of my life....not just the 'good' things, but in the challanges and hurts of life as well.
Some of my thoughts from watching this teaching....
A part of wisdom is seeing life from God's perspective
We don't think the way God thinks...so we won't always understand His ways.
During trials and troubles...look at the benefits!
Visualize the worst that could happen, accept it emotionally and THEN list the benefits.
Ask God to show you the benefits...He is faithful to do just that!
We are learning Christ-like character
We need to give EVERYTHING to God (our health, our children, our marriages, our finances....it's all His anyway)
Learn to dedicate everything to God...all of the things above, every minute of our days, all of our time, our thoughts, our possesions....it's all His.
~Even thru the pain and fatigue that I've been experiencing for a long time, that has flared up this winter....even thru the uncertainty of possible job and/or wage loss...I've learned that I can use these things to draw closer to God, and to point others to Him. I don't know how people who don't know Jesus get thru a minute of their day without Him!
After watching this teaching, I was reminded (yet again) to try and see everything in my life from God's perspective....my marriage, my children, our health, every relationship I have....our home, finances, possesions....and instead of focusing on the hard parts....focus on the benefits.
This dvd reminded me very much of Pollyanna. In the book, 'Pollyanna', the title character has learned (at a very young age) to play the "Glad Game"....no matter what happens, finding joy and seeing the benefits or the good that can come of it....there is ALWAYS some good.
I would encourage anyone who has been struggling with hardships and asking "why"....turn to God...turn to His word....trust in His promises...He IS faithful, and His grace is amazing...forget not all of his benefits....look, activily LOOK for His hand in all of your circumstances...and listen for His still, small voice....He is the God of all comfort and He loves us so very, very much!
~May your day be blessed!~ Sue

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Very well said, now we need to do it. We can always use a good reminder and sometimes of the basics.. The scripture about, Joy comes in the morning...No matter how we feel when we open our eyes Gods word says Joy comes in the morning..So even when I don't feel joyfull I thank God that His words says Joy comes in the morning. When you start Thanking him for the joy, you start feeling the joy. His word can't come back void.
Love you my friend,
Jolyn