Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Humbled Lessons Learned....


There have been so very many lessons learned in our family over the course of the winter...this very interesting winter.

The Lord has answered our prayers...He has humbled us. Brought low by illness that never seem to end...and challanges that only He can make right and only He can provide....we are called to be hopefull and to trust during this time. And, we are called to support each other in our family thru this journey called life. Many of the lessons the Lord has shown our family is the area of 'activities'....It is pretty clear that He doesn't want us to have very many outside activities at all. We are to work together, being busy at home...to work and help our friends and family and community...and to do it together...a family effort.

I, as the mother of almost a senior in high school as well as a junior....only 1 more year for Meghan and 2 for Sara....are needed by them to be WITH THEM...to teach, train, disciple them and LISTEN to them...to share with them and help make their dreams come true..and to teach them that our family comes first...before anything that would capture their time, talents or imangination....it would have to fit into the Lord's plan for our family. Working together to run this family the way God wants it to be. I'm glad I am honoring Ron's wishes in a lot of areas...and I'm glad the girls are as well. It is amazing that all 6 of us are on the same page, and value the same things. We are all putting our family lives at top priority....Jesus first, our family second. I am anxious to see what He is revealing next to us! I know that He will honor and bless us if we are in agreement with each other and in His will. Thank, you , Lord Jesus...for leading us, for your provision....you are worthy of our trust and faith in you ! So grateful that we are a family! Thank you ,Lord! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Judy Kay said...

Oh Sue! That's what it's all about isn't it?
If we're not living from Him things will always be chaos, but in Him there is peace that even when we face trials He will be there to carry us through.
Your endurance in honoring Him in your marriage and raising your children is shown in the cohesiveness your family has.
You are blessed!
Love ya!

Patti said...

Saying "no" to lots of activities is a hard thing to do. I know, I've done it...and I got to that point kicking and screaming. But after a few years of being more quiet and less activity-oriented, I now tell you that I love such a life. But I definitely fought it, and I didn't get there willingly!!

Blessings on you and yours!!

Love,
Patti