Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chepatis and Curry!!!

We've been trying to cut down on our meat consumption, still eat healthy and make everything from scratch AND gluten free....so I pulled out my "More with Less Cookbook" and discovered Chicken curry and Chepatis! First, I had to figure out how to make it gluten free...turns out, it was so easy! This will become a staple around here! Lightly frying the flatbread in the skillet....to be kept warm in the oven...

Look how wonderful my Chepatis turned out!!! Oh, it tasted so good!

The chicken curry recipe called for homemade broth, chicken, lots of onions, garlic and carrots and garbanzo beans...along with the spices and curry powder....everyone loved this! So....some of the meals we will be having in the coming weeks are mexican chili, pork fried rice (with just a little leftover pork from a roast that I have frozen), Greek spinach, feta and millet casserole....a long with lots of salads, hummus and stirfries.....

If you don't already have this cookbook, it is a must in our home! This is one that I will make sure all of my daughters have and will set one aside for my future daughter-in-law as well someday! I love the creativity of feeding my family of 6 on a tight budget, from scratch and healthy as well....not only is it good stewardship of my children's health, but it honors my husband by using his hard earned money wisely and creatively! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Patti said...

I LOVE curry dishes. This looks very good.

Love,
Patti