
~Today, the Lord taught me a great lesson on 'comfort'. The equal importance of giving comfort and receiving comfort. The analogy was used that comfort comes from God thru Jesus to us...and then, out of us to others. (for more notes on this sermon, please see my daughter Meghan's blog at justasiam-meghan.blogspot.com )
Among the many lessons that I am absorbing today, is not having to always be 'strong'...to receive the Lord's comfort, to rest in His love...and His plan for me each day.
And...in so doing, I have thought a good deal today on extending that 'comfort'...that 'grace' to my children. My goodness, parenting is hard! LOL
I think we, as parents, need to walk such a fine line between not being consistent to discipline and curb those 'heart issues'....sin issues...and wanting (oh, with my whole heart!) to overlook, extend grace and comfort....and yet...without consistency, these issues can rage out of control.
With the winter we've been having around here...illness for 10 weeks, myself being sick and exhausted...I've found myself overlooking a lot of behavior that should not be overlooked. I've found myself not being consistent with discipline or in a routine...and I see where that is so necessary! But...my mother's heart is to comfort, to laugh and enjoy my children....so I've found myself crying out to the Lord today for guidance as just how to do that. To teach them, to have a workable routine around here, to be consistent with my children...and to laugh more with them, to comfort them more (it is hard to learn to die to self...to surrender their wills)...to extend grace more. Just to listen to their struggles, and to sympathize more....not necessarily try and fix them.
As God is pouring out His comfort on me, thru my wonderful savior, Jesus...so I should be a conduit of His grace and comfort first to my family...then, letting it flow out to those around me...extended family, friends, neighbors, church family...and to any hurting heart who needs comfort and hope.
So, for this mom....I will be learning to 'rest in His comfort' more...to extend that comfort and grace to my hard-working husband and wonderful children...and to be still...and listen to His voice, and know that He is God...my God of all comfort! ~Sue~
1 comment:
Sue, what a great reminder. Isn't it marvelous how God works with us -- in us, through us -- doing His part, which enables us to do ours? When we do the not-so-fun discipline part, then we can reap and reap and reap in the joy of the imparting-grace-to-our-children part. What a blessing it is to have little hearts with whom we may share comfort, love, laughter, joy, and all of the "highs" the Lord affords us throughout our days with our children. Thanks for another great post!
Post a Comment