Thursday, February 25, 2010

Showers of blessings....

"I will send down showers in season, there will be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26 I am so unworthy of so many showers of blessings...and lately, I've been feeling a little 'blue'...I suppose I could blame it on the never-ending coughs and illnesses going around here....or the 40+ inches of snow this month...or no sunshine....or just being tired, but lately, the Lord has been showering me with blessings....and using my friends and family to do that.
The above picture of my CUTE red tea kettle was a surprise gift today from a friend...and it whistles, too! She surprised me with the gift of a visit today, along with this tea kettle and some special flavored tea. (tonight, it is decaf. chocolate hazelnut when the little ones go to bed!) Then...a couple of hours later, she returned with 2 big bags of 'goodies' for me. One huge turkey carcass for me to make soup out of, 3 ham bones and (best of all) 3 huge ORGANIC, grass fed beef roasts! They are not her favorite cuts of meat, and she knows they are MY favorites...so she blessed me! (Thanks, Rhonda!) Wow! I am still shaking my head in awe!


Yesterday, the elderly neighbor across the street from us and I were talking when he said "Hold on....I have something for you"...so he brought out the above new gardening book for us! He said it is his favorite book and wanted us to have one...then proceeded to tell me the best way to put our gardens in this year and expand them. He is such a blessing to us! He will 89 on his next birthday, and we are all grateful for his friendship.
Recently, I had commented that my food processor had broken and I really missed it...and a friend of a friend read the blog, and gave us a Cuisinart food processor! I love it so much and have used it daily since then! (Thanks, Dianne!) I had also blew the safety valve on my pressure cooker, and another friend (Thanks, Jolyn!) brought a brand new one no one was using! Add to that a friend from church who regularly gives us bags and bags of dried beans (Thanks, Jill!) and family members (Thanks, Lor!) who save us ham bones (with lots of meat on them) , pass along coats (Thanks, Pam!) and clothes to my kids, and parents who like to 'treat' us....and I am overwhelmed with God showering blessings on us!
I feel as if He is showing us, once again, that He will always provide! He will provide for our needs AND bless us with special reminders of His love and care of us.
Even though we are going on week 10 of sick little ones...and we are going to have 3-6 more inches of snow AND high winds...I can see the sunshine...I can see light at the end of this tunnel....Ronnie and Anna are improving, Ron is amazingly calm and trusting in the midst of job uncertainty, Meghan & Sara are working so hard and helping so much....I am so blessed! I thank an amazing God for my many blessings...blessings of family, friendships and His love and provision! Thank you, Lord!!!

1 comment:

Dayna said...

This post really blessed me! Praise God, from Whom comes every good and perfect gift!