Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dance for Jesus....

The past 2 days have been wonderful days of special worship....yesterday, Meghan's piano recital focused on Jesus thru music...today, Sara & Anna's worship dance Christmas "mini-recital" also focused on Jesus...thru dance and the music that they danced to. I love this dance school that they go to! Everything is Christ-centered...every movement, the songs and even what they wear has to be modest and Christ honoring....nothing unmodest either in clothing or music. They had a nice reception first, with cake, cookies and drinks...it was so nice for me, because I got to see a lot of MY friends there! LOL Ronnie even had a chance to hang out all afternoon with his friend, Caleb...talking Legos the whole time! Sara demonstrating her ballet techniques at the barre....they all have a pretty strict ballet time as part of their classes...teaching proper form, techniques and really working on form.

Our "Tiny Dance"...little Anna...she was so excited, she could hardly stand still!
I love this one! She was so serious, and did such a great job remembering her steps and following the dance!
Sara does so beautifully....she was born to sing and dance for the Lord! I think Anna is, too. The two of them are always singing and dancing all over the house. Anna has mastered "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and "O Come, O Come Emmanual"...she loves to sing!
After we came home, and had a simple dinner....we lit 2 candles tonight for the second Sunday of Advent and did our devotions...Ronnie read Luke 2:1-7, we sang and then talked about 2 more names of Jesus....we followed this with watching "The Nativity Story" movie....I feel so blessed to be able to continuously point my children to the Lord...and how all of life confirms the Word! I hope everyone had a very peaceful, blessed Sabbath! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Ella said...

I loved seeing these few pictures! I thought of you all!

The Nativity Story....we have that for later in the week.