Today was Meghan's piano recital. She LOVES the piano...and is so good at it! It's something that I always wished I knew. We love her teacher, and one of the nice things that she does, is she makes the recitals about serving....they are always an outreach at a nursing home, and really bless the residents with their music and sing-a-longs. Today was no exception.
Meghan played beautifully!!! She played "I'll be home for Christmas", "Oh, Holy Night"...then ended with "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas"....Oh, how we enjoyed them!
My beautiful daughter!
We are so blessed with a close, supportive family! All of her grandparents came out to hear her play...above, her Buppy & Grammy drove over an hour to be here.
Meghan with M.E....and Zedoh....he really wasn't cranky, he always takes pictures like that! LOL We like to tease him...
Meghan with Ron's mom , Ro...and the beautiful flowers she got her....she recieved 2 big bunches of flowers today to brighten up her room.
Meghan, her teacher Mrs. Serra and all the students who performed.
Her supportive sister and one of her biggest fans! Afterwards, most of the family came back to our house for homemade beef stew and soft, homemade rolls hot out of the oven! So good...especially since it was very cold and snow flurrying....but that wasn't the first thing we did today! After getting the dough rising for the rolls and the stew in the crockpot...I left at 11am to take the little ones to a birthday party.....
This is Ronnie at a birthday party for his friend, Isaac. I took Anna, too, since she is friends with Isaac's sister, Sophie....the kids had a great time! My friend, Rebecca, had such a nice time for the kids! It was nice for me to visit with her, too!
Anna and Sophie....the Kirk's homeschool as well, and Anna & Sophie go to the same dance school.
Meghan played beautifully!!! She played "I'll be home for Christmas", "Oh, Holy Night"...then ended with "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas"....Oh, how we enjoyed them!
My beautiful daughter!
We are so blessed with a close, supportive family! All of her grandparents came out to hear her play...above, her Buppy & Grammy drove over an hour to be here.
Meghan with M.E....and Zedoh....he really wasn't cranky, he always takes pictures like that! LOL We like to tease him...
Meghan with Ron's mom , Ro...and the beautiful flowers she got her....she recieved 2 big bunches of flowers today to brighten up her room.
Meghan, her teacher Mrs. Serra and all the students who performed.
Her supportive sister and one of her biggest fans! Afterwards, most of the family came back to our house for homemade beef stew and soft, homemade rolls hot out of the oven! So good...especially since it was very cold and snow flurrying....but that wasn't the first thing we did today! After getting the dough rising for the rolls and the stew in the crockpot...I left at 11am to take the little ones to a birthday party.....
This is Ronnie at a birthday party for his friend, Isaac. I took Anna, too, since she is friends with Isaac's sister, Sophie....the kids had a great time! My friend, Rebecca, had such a nice time for the kids! It was nice for me to visit with her, too!
Anna and Sophie....the Kirk's homeschool as well, and Anna & Sophie go to the same dance school.After we left the party, we stopped for a short, but special visit with old friends from our old neighborhood....I hadn't seen Danielle in ages, and we had a nice visit.
This is Ronnie and his old friend, Miles. Miles and Ronnie's birthdays are 3 weeks apart...and they lived down the street from us before we moved. I have so many pictures of the boys from babies on up to almost 8...I love watching their interests and personalities grow and change, but still love being friends and spending time together.
This is Danielle's daughter, Isabelle....and she will be 10 years old on Monday! Isabelle and Miles were singing in a Christmas choir tonight, and Isabelle wasn't ready....but she took time out to play with Anna.....Anna really looks up to her and enjoys playing with her...and Isabelle is so good with her!
~So, after a very full day....my little ones are tucked into bed, Meghan & Sara are working on some Christmas gifts while they watch a movie....Ron starts work at 2am, so he is trying to stay awake to watch the Penguin game, then try and get as much sleep as he can....and I feel like it has been a blessed day!....Now off to bed, to prepare for another one! LOL After church, we'll just have time for lunch before going to Sara and Anna's Christmas dance recital/party at 2pm....I know dinner will be simple tomorrow...and we're already planning another evening in front of the fire after dinner....not too many evenings are free for all of us, so we cherish them. May the Lord bless your Sabbath tomorrow! ~Sue~
This is Ronnie and his old friend, Miles. Miles and Ronnie's birthdays are 3 weeks apart...and they lived down the street from us before we moved. I have so many pictures of the boys from babies on up to almost 8...I love watching their interests and personalities grow and change, but still love being friends and spending time together.
This is Danielle's daughter, Isabelle....and she will be 10 years old on Monday! Isabelle and Miles were singing in a Christmas choir tonight, and Isabelle wasn't ready....but she took time out to play with Anna.....Anna really looks up to her and enjoys playing with her...and Isabelle is so good with her!
~So, after a very full day....my little ones are tucked into bed, Meghan & Sara are working on some Christmas gifts while they watch a movie....Ron starts work at 2am, so he is trying to stay awake to watch the Penguin game, then try and get as much sleep as he can....and I feel like it has been a blessed day!....Now off to bed, to prepare for another one! LOL After church, we'll just have time for lunch before going to Sara and Anna's Christmas dance recital/party at 2pm....I know dinner will be simple tomorrow...and we're already planning another evening in front of the fire after dinner....not too many evenings are free for all of us, so we cherish them. May the Lord bless your Sabbath tomorrow! ~Sue~
4 comments:
oh Megan dear I wish I had been there with you and listen to you play at your recital. If we make it for new years I would love for you to play for me. An I have to say how beautiful you looked sitting there at the piano. Sara your hair looked so nice down with the head band very pretty. Can't wait to see picture from dance party.. enjoy and have a wonderful week ahead. love to you all.
Jolyn
oh Sara my computer wiz I want this back ground, would it work on mine, but keep all my colors the same...if you get a minute go ahead and change my background if you want to this...thanks
Jolyn
Oh, that looks and sounds like a lovely day! How I would've LOVED to have been there for Meghan's recital!
Tell Meghan to call me sometime when we can talk for awhile, please! I've been DYING to just talk for a long time on the phone together, lol, but didn't know when y'all would be home!
Have a blessed Sabbath!
Love you all!
~Katie Bekah:) <3
Congratulations, Meghan! I will be honest, I forgot your recital was this weekend. Chalk it up to not feeling good this morning =) Anyway, I would have loved to have been there.
Now Sara, you and Anna do well tomorrow!
Post a Comment