For now it's...basketball! I learned when Meghan and Sara were little, that children want to try so many new things, until they find what they like the best, are good at and enjoy the most. Now Ronnie is doing basketball. I must say, I LOVE this program! He is doing the "Upwards" program at a local church. It is non-competitive, instructional AND they have scripture memory every week and work on biblical character qualities....what is not to love?!
Ronnie is loving it! He is pretty good, too, for not playing before....he is really good at shooting.
One thing that is good for him is the "guy" time...he spends A LOT of time with his dad, doing almost everything together, but with 3 sisters, he really enjoys "guy" stuff!
His Uncle Todd has been working with him (Todd is very good at basketball), even bought him his own basketball...and he has brought Ty up both weeks so they could see Ronnie....boy, does Ronnie's face light up when he sees Uncle Todd and Ty!
His coach is great! He, also, has 4 children....two of which are 7 year old twin boys on Ronnie's team! Needless to say, he is really patient with the boys!
Listening to instruction...each week, the boys get a green star if they memorize their scripture verse, and on game day everyone gets a different colored star for some effort...for instance, sportsmanship, Christ-likeness, offense, defense, effort....as they are learning, they are gaining confidence, as well.
Ronnie wants to do the Upwards program in the Spring as well, that is when they do flag-football....another thing that I like about it is that they learn the rules of the game with out any competition....I think that really takes the pressure off when they are young and learning.
Ronnie is loving it! He is pretty good, too, for not playing before....he is really good at shooting.
One thing that is good for him is the "guy" time...he spends A LOT of time with his dad, doing almost everything together, but with 3 sisters, he really enjoys "guy" stuff!
His Uncle Todd has been working with him (Todd is very good at basketball), even bought him his own basketball...and he has brought Ty up both weeks so they could see Ronnie....boy, does Ronnie's face light up when he sees Uncle Todd and Ty!
His coach is great! He, also, has 4 children....two of which are 7 year old twin boys on Ronnie's team! Needless to say, he is really patient with the boys!
Listening to instruction...each week, the boys get a green star if they memorize their scripture verse, and on game day everyone gets a different colored star for some effort...for instance, sportsmanship, Christ-likeness, offense, defense, effort....as they are learning, they are gaining confidence, as well.
Ronnie wants to do the Upwards program in the Spring as well, that is when they do flag-football....another thing that I like about it is that they learn the rules of the game with out any competition....I think that really takes the pressure off when they are young and learning.Well....Ronnie has had a busy day....spent the afternoon with his friend Caleb...then straight to basketball....I think that is enough "guy time" for one day! LOL Now, I think he needs a little "Mom" time! Be blessed.......~Sue~
1 comment:
Awsome how much fun for Ronnie to get out there with the guys and play and still be learning about Jesus..Sounds like a wonderful program..enjoy.
Hugs,
Jolyn
Post a Comment