Sunday, July 26, 2009

A "Three" Celebration weekend!

What a full, blessed weekend! We have had celebrations since Friday, with Meghan's 16th birthday...and we have a few more this week to go! First, Saturday, we had Tommy and Kelli's bridal shower! Here are Tommy and his beautiful bride-to-be, Kelli!
Kelli,with the chenille afghan that I made for them.


Beautiful cake!

One of their engagement pictures. ( sorry...took a photo of a photo...but loved the pose!)
Love this one! It was a great shower, and we're all looking forward to their wedding day over Labor day weekend.
Then...it was Meghan's birthday party with all our family and a few special friends, who are like family! Because Meghan was born on my Dad's birthday, we always celebrate together with both of them.

Meghan and Gabrielle....one of the best birthday surprises that Meghan has ever had!
Sara and my beautiful niece, Tina.
Some of the people helping us celebrate were.....

Cousin, Jill
Jill's son, Michael with Ronnie
And, Jill and Mike's daughter, Mia with Anna
Ron and our dear friend, and former neighbor, Jamie!
My beautiful Mom, flanked on either side by two of her big sisters...Aunt Pat on the left and Aunt Marilyn on the right...all they were missing were Aunt Joan! Missed you, Aunt Joan!
My sister, Lori, her husband Todd and everyone's favorite baby....Ty!
Meghan and Elissa...these two have been friends since birth...she is Jamie's daughter, and we have oh, so many pictures of these two from babies on up! Aren't they beautiful young ladies?!

Meghan recieved many, many special gifts for her hopechest, from items that belonged to her great-grandmother, to these special needlework works of art made by our friend, Debbie.


One of the special gifts that she received was a new "winter" Vera Bradley purse and a matching wallet...was she surprised!
Meghan and my mother, her Grammy!

Meghan and Ron's mom...her RoRo! (both grandmothers are where she gets her blue eyes...as Ron and I both have brown eyes)
Meghan and her "M.E." and "Zedoh"...my Dad and step mom.
Fun cousins picture! (Ronnie looks up to and loves Timmy so much!)

Love this pyramid! The girls had a lot of fun!
My youngest sister, Pam and cousin Kim.
Ron and my cousin, John....HUGE Penguin's fans!!!!
Jolyn and Debbie....special, old family friends!
The five of us, myself, my two sisters, and Jolyn and Debbie....friends since the 70's...we have so much fun together! It was so nice to be together!
~We all had a wonderful time Saturday night!~
Now....on to our last celebration of the weekend! After church today..which was great, and focused on the mission trip that members of our church recently took to Zambia...we headed over to our friends, the Webber family for Alaina's graduation party.
Meghan and Alaina have been friends since Alaina was 6 1/2 and Meghan was only 5 years old. We all met at the playground, they girls went to Jubilee Christian school for Meghan's kindergarten year, then we started homeschooling together the same year. Our families have been thru so much in the past 11 years...even adding sons on the same day, born at the same hospital! Here are our two girls....grown up!
Meghan....baby-stealing! Little Camren....only 4 months old!
Alaina and I
A beautiful group of young ladies at the graduation party.
My dear friend, Dayna...I was so happy and surprised to see her here today!!! She and her family will be leaving for Mozambigue, Africa in only 4 days....they will be there for at least 2 years with the ministry "Samaritan's Purse". It was so nice to visit with her and her family today! I will really miss you, Dayna!
The Whitlock family! God bless you all on your journey and your adventures in Mozambique!!!! We'll miss you and will be praying for you!
~So ends this very LONG post....hey, it was a very LONG weekend!!!! Tomorrow, the girls are working 12 -5pm, and we're all getting preparations ready for a special garden tea party luncheon with Meghan's closest friends on Tuesday.... I'm off to bed.....God bless you all! ~Sue~

3 comments:

imove92 said...

haha... what a fulllll weekend! Meghan, I just wanted to say that I love the shirt you wore to your family party, I think it was. It is georgous and very flattering :) See you Tuesday!

Michaela said...

WOW! What a busy weekend! I love all the pictures- thanks for sharing!! :)

Patti said...

Sounds like a loads of fun weekend!! I just have to say, Aunt Joan was supposed to be there, wasn't she? I mean, weren't yall picking her up at the airport on July 15th!?

I love Vera Bradley bags. They are SO pretty. I'm sure Meghan will love hers.

Also, we had friends that were in Mozambique from about 2004 to 2006. They were with New Tribes. A VERY spiritually dark country, so in need of the Good News of Jesus. May the Lord bless your friends' ministry there.

Love,
Patti