Meghan Mary 7 weeks old
Meghan 8 months old
Now this morning...the morning of her 16th birthday....time has flown way too fast! Just as precious to us, but how grown up she is...and all she, too, wants is to be a wife and mother someday....
The "Blueberries"! That is what Meghan and Ronnie call themselves...as Sara & Anna are the "Brownies"!
The long awaited "Hopechest"! Meghan has waited so long for this! This Lane cedar chest belonged to a friend of mine from church, and it was her mother's hopechest. It is a 1930's Lane. It was 70's burnt orange when we got it, and my mother, step-dad and I tried stripping it...but the orange had sunk into the wood...so we primed it, and painted it ivory....perfect! A friend of my mom's stencilled the ferns on it, and trimmed it with 14 karat gold paint as the finishing touch.
Meghan's first reaction! Tears!
Tears, excitement and laughter...this has been a secret for many, many months!
Along with the hopechest, we of course, put some things into it! Meghan has been collecting things for her hopechest for a few years now, and storing them in mine. It is almost half filled already and I have a feeling that, like me before her, she'll fill it, empty it, and fill it again and again before she finally gets married and moves it into her new home.~Happy Sweet Sixteenth Birthday, our precious daughter!!!! We love you so very, very much!~
Love, Mum and Dad
7 comments:
I was so waiting all day for this post...I wish we there to have seen her face and excitment. See you tomorrow everyone. My Michael will be coming so everyone can see we do have a son.
Love you all,
Jolyn
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGHAN!!!
have a great birthday cyah tomorrow!!! :]
-AUTUMN-
Happy Birthday, Meghan!!
What a beautiful Sweet 16 you are.
May the Lord fulfill the desires of your heart to be a wife and mother someday.
What a gorgeous hopechest!!! Made with love, I know.
Blessings to you on this special day.
Love,
Mrs. G.
Yes, Sue, they grow all too fast. How is it possible that our little girls are now 19 and 16....after all, wasn't it just yesterday that they were born?
Do you know the song Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof? Well, the refrain echoes those same thoughts.
Or how 'bout the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins and "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker or "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney. All those songs serve to remind us that time passes MUCH too quickly and that the precious days with our little ones will soon be gone.
Gorgeous hopechest!! Yall did a fabulous job redoing it.
Love,
Patti
MEGHAN, IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!! Okay, that's outta my system. ;)
Happy Birtday my dear, dear friend! I can't belive we've known each other for 9 years- I'm loving every year of it, too! :) I can't wait to give you a birthday hug in person!! Love ya!
P.S. Remind mme on Tuesday to tell you something we just discovered about Henna! :)
HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY, MEGHAN!!!! I know you have been waiting for this day for...many years!! :) and I am so excited that you can FINALLY;) celebrate it! luv you lots!
(OOh! and you hopechest is simply gorgeous! It looks like it can fit mountains of items!)
I'm not sure how I missed this yesterday, but Happy (belated) Birthday, Meghan! What an exciting season! And what a great gift! May the Lord give you the desires of your heart as you seek Him.
We'll miss your sweet family.
Post a Comment