Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A special young ladies victorian luncheon!

Today was the day...Meghan and Sara have been planning Meghan's special 16th birthday Victorian Luncheon for months now! What a perfect day it was! Look at Meghan's smile!
Sisters....Best Friends! Someone said Sara was 'practicing' to be a maid of honor someday! We couldn't have done all of this without Sara...she was wonderful!

Lots of fun photo opps! Notice 3 of the girls IN the tree!

The outdoor tables....Meghan made beautiful placecards, printed on vellum...antique doilies under the flowers....


Some pictures of our day....Meghan's color scheme...pink and yellow...fresh, young and beautiful! The candy dish above was Meghan's great-grandmother's....and filled with Sarris Chocolate!

The pink lemondade went quickly! Cool and refreshing on this warm summer day! (and doesn't it look pretty?!)


Here is the table with all the food. The menu consisted of mini hot ham and cheese sandwiches, homemade chicken salad in mini phylo cups. A green salad, fruit salad, fruit punch, and lots of sweets...strawberry cheesecake bars, triple fudge brownies, chocolate gobs, and warm butter cake..delicious!

Our special guests.....

GabrielleSarah Michaela
Alaina

Danielle

Morgan
Bella

Lissa
Meghan recieved so many special gifts from special friends! She got a lot of things for her hopechest...like these antique dessert plates....recipes, napkins, a craft bag, cookbook, special dvd's that she wanted (Elizabeth Gaskell!!!)...and beautiful handmade notecards among other things.
THis is Sarah C....up in the tree...in her pretty party dress....typical, special Sarah!
Gabrielle's first ride on a tire swing!
This is so precious...these girls have been friends since they were little babies...and now beautiful young women!

Our lovely group of young guests! Some of the young ladies stayed for dinner..of homemade grilled reuben sandwiches ...and more pink lemonade! After a special, very full day...it's off to bed! The girls are staying up for Gabrielle's last night in Pittsburgh before she heads home to Idaho...but I am more than ready for bed! It was a memorable, special day of blessings! ~Sue~

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like such a lovely time! That's like my dream luncheon. I soooooo wish I could've been there! Meghan looks gorgeous in that dress!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color!!!
Love you ladies!
~Bekah

Patti said...

Everything looks beautiful and delicious. Much love and effort went into this special day, I know. So glad we could be a part of it by giving Gabrielle a trip to Pittsburgh.

Thanks so much for having her there. Hopefully, we can arrange another trip very soon.

Love,
Patti

Michaela said...

Morgs and I had such a wonderful time!!! Everything, and everyone!, looked gorgeous (and the food tasted delicious!!:)
Thanks for letting us celebrate with Meg in such a special way! :)

Morgan said...

I had so much fun at the party...everything was so pretty! (Oh, adn i look horrible in that picture!!:0)

Patti said...

I forgot to say, Meghan, you look gorgeous. That top photo is SOOOO pretty. And you have an equally beautiful spirit.

Love,
Mrs. G.

Jolyn said...

Megan what can I say, besides you look beautiful. I have told you before that pink and coral color is your color it just brightens you up. I can't wait to see all you got. I hope you all are resting and taking things easy for awhile. Have a blessed day.
All my love to you,
Jolyn

Ella said...

It was a fabulous time. (Sniff Sniff) Sure wish it didn't have to end =)

And I am so glad that you didn't post the picture of me falling off of the tire swing =)