Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprise, Meghan!!!!

What a memorable, special day this has been! Meghan's 16th birthday is in 9 more days, and today she got a HUGE surprise! Her dear friend, Gabrielle, flew in from Idaho to stay with us for 2 weeks for Meghan's birthday! Meghan had no idea, and this has been in the works for 7 weeks....lots of phone calls between Gabrielle and I, between her mother, my friend, Patti and I...and still Meghan did't get suspicious! We told her that we were picking up my Aunt Joan at the airport, and we dropped Meghan and Sara off at Barnes and Nobles for a special 'sister time' before hand. Of course, we called Sara and told her when we were getting there to pick them up, and Meghan (being Meghan) had gone to Michaels to look at yarn so we had to wait for her. But...it was so worth it! She was so touched and surprised to see Gabrielle! They had never met in person, after a couple years of friendship thru email, blogs, and hours on the phone...they have so much in common and are truly kindred spirits....having her here for 2 weeks is certainly going to be so very special and memorable for all the girls!I love this picture!!! She walked in and squealed "Gabrielle!" See Sara in the background laughing...she kept a good secret...I couldn't have gotten ready for this without Sara!
Seeing Meghan this happy and excited means so much to me! She is so excited to have Gabrielle here for 2 weeks! Meghan is planning a trip to visit Gabrielle when she graduates.


And, here is Miss Gabrielle and Meghan!
Our 'three' girls for the next 2 weeks...it will be like having another daugher here!
Gabrielle finally relaxing! She had to get up at 3:30AM in order to make her flight here. The time difference from Idaho to here is 2 hours, and she had to make a connecting flight from Boise to Chicago, and then to Pittsburgh...by the time she arrived, she had already been awake for almost 12 hours!
Sara wanted to get a picture of Meghan's smile!
Of course, Anna had to get into the picture!
~Once we came home, everyone relaxed, the 3 older girls chatted and rested, poor Anna had a little fever and fell asleep on the couch....I actually fell asleep as well!
After a yummy dinner of chicken with mushroom sauce over GF pasta, Gabrielle mentioned that she loved the movie 'Enchanted' so we all enjoyed some Rita's italian ice and watched the movie.
The girls were able to discuss all the things they want to do while Gabrielle is visiting. One of the things that they both love are Frank Sinatra movies, playing piano, books, baking and more old movies. We have some family gatherings planned, some get togethers with friends, antiquing, our Maiden's group (and Hannah's birthday), a Graduation party for Alaina and Meghan's victorian garden tea party for her 16th birthday. Sara has 2 more days of dance camp and will be gone all day tomorrow at camp, then at a friends house swimming and choreographing a dance routine, and I am supposed to meet my friend, Stephanie, so I think Meghan and Gabrielle have some shopping planned. We're trying not to plan too much, so we have plenty of time to spend together.
I'm off to bed...busy days, blessed days we're having around here! Will post more about the visit in the coming days! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Patti said...

Priceless photo of Meghan's reaction!! Surprise, surprise, Meghan. Happy 16th birthday!

I hope yall (all 3 girls) have a ball together...and further develop what I hope will be life-long friendships.

Love,
Mrs. G.

Dayna said...

Oh, what an immense blessing! I love Meghan's smile! I'm so happy for her that she gets to enjoy such a wonderful gift for her 16th birthday. I received a similar gift -- and from Idaho, even! -- for my 35th birthday. My family did a great job of hiding all of the arrangements from me. In addition, they planned a surprise party while my special friend visited. My heart was overjoyed.

Enjoy Gabrielle's visit!

Jolyn said...

All I can say is PRICELESS...I SO WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE. YOU GIRLS ENJOY EVERY MINUTE AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN 9 DAYS.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
JOLYN