Friday, July 17, 2009

Memories of our day....

What wonderful memories we are making! Having Gabrielle here is such a special blessing...what are the odds that a young lady would fly half way across the country for a friend's birthday?! Even though Gabrielle is 19, she and Meghan have so very much in common! Lots of old movies are planned, 'Sense and Sensability'...Frank Sinatra, and lots of long talks are planned for while she is with us.

This week has been very out of the ordinary for us. None of us was babysitting this week due to vacations, Gabrielle is here!!!...and Sara had a full week of worship dance camp. Today was the last day and we all got to go and watch and participate! It was so great! I am really, really pleased with this worship dance group. All the movements, costumes and songs are so God-honoring, modest, but fun! Sara is loving it and I know that Anna will love it this year as well.

Sara before her dance started.
They asked the parents and siblings to participate in a messianic group dance....so Anna and I joined in! It was so much fun! Here I am trying to help Anna...she loved dancing, too!

Sara worshipping...
With her flag...this dance was choreographed completely by Sara and her two friends....it was beautiful!
Our friend, Bella (in the center) and her group.

Sara's group that she danced with...Natalie, Grace and Sara



My two beautiful dancers!
Sophia and Anna will be in the same dance class this year.
After we came home and had some kefir smoothies, Ron took my little ones to visit his mother while I took the 3 older girls to a quick lunch and antiquing....but, these babies were resting right up the street from our house! They were so cute with their spots and so calm...I had to get a picture!
Visiting the South Hills of Pittsburgh wouldn't be complete without a slice of Danny's pizza or an italian hoagie. We stopped for a quick bite before heading to the antique mall in Castle Shannon.

We saw so many beautiful antiques, but these three seemed to have the most fun trying on the antigue hats and clothes! They look like models! (Or Minnie Pearl from Hee Haw with the tags hanging down from their hats!)
Audrey Hepburn...I mean, Gabrielle!

Jackie Kennedy....I mean, Sara!
Our models...posing with the dummy! Gorgeous dress on the dressmakers dummy!
As we were leaving the antique mall, Meghan got a call from her friend Courtney, asking her to be one of her bridesmaids at her wedding in December! Meghan is so honored, and is so excited! I am having enough trouble lately, getting teary over Meghan turning 16, driving soon, having her older friend visit for 2 weeks, and now a wedding....where did my little girl go?!

I took this for Gabrielle. Where she lives in Idaho, it is very dry, desert like and not very green. We came home and had some rain and a little thunder storm. It is very nice and cool now from the fresh rain. Tomorrow in Gabrielle's hometown, it is supposed to be 104 degrees! I cannot even imagine!

After a yummy dinner of tacos and burritos, we made some homemade kettle corn and all settled down to watch "By the Light of the Silvery Moon"...even Ronnie and Anna like that old movie!

Now that the little ones are tucked in, the older girls are watching part 2 of the new 'Sense and Senseability' BBC version in peace and quiet. I am off to bed! I'm not used to running around so much! LOL Tomorrow will be a quiet day....a little grocery shopping, a little laundry and just straightening up the house for Sunday, then a worship service as a family. Goodnight and God bless! ~Sue~

5 comments:

Patti said...

How funny, we had tacos for dinner tonight too. Then, for our movie night, we watched a couple of James Cagney flicks---today is his 110th birthday (if he was still alive), and Garrett is a huge fan.

Gabrielle had mentioned to me that she had some really great pizza. When she mentioned it was a local Pittsburgh joint and not a national chain, I forgot to ask if it was Danny's Drive-In. I was going to ask that when I talk to her tomorrow. But you already answered that question. As I remember from growing up in the South Hills, VERY GOOD pizza.

Thanks for the photo of the green. It wasn't just for Gabrielle!!

Michaek said...

WOW!! It looks like you girls are having so much fun with Gabrielle! I can't wait to meet her at Maidens!
Oh, and a bridesmaid, Meghan??!!!! What an honor!! I'm sooooo excited for Cour! :D

Michaela said...

Ah man!! I pushed enter again while typing my name! haha

let's see if I can type my name right this time......

Morgan said...

I'm so glad that Gabrielle could spend sometime with you all! It sounds like your having fun!

Bella said...

Meghan, how exciting that you're going to be a bridesmaid! It looks like you all are having fun with Gabrielle! See you tonight!