I love Farmer's Markets! I've always loved them...and what a treat it is to take the kids! Today, I took Sara and Anna to the library (while Ron took Ronnie to get the new Pittsburgh Penguin DVD), then us three girls headed to our little local Farmer's Market!
They were giving away free copies of this, and if I fill out a short, online survey, I will recieve a free 1 year subscription! It is pretty cool...tells all about the local farms, markets, and healthy, sustainable food scene in and around Pittsburgh.

Look how beautiful these nectarines and plums look! And they taste as sweet and juicy as they look!

I am a sucker for really good, fresh salsa and homemake chips...and these did not disappoint! These are from a little resteraunt in Canonsburg.
Can't you just smell and taste these tomatoes?! We threw a small steak on the grill...sauteed up some red peppers and onions...cut up a couple of these tomatoes and then.....some corn on the cob!
Glad I took a picture of these blackberries as they are gone already! So sweet and juicy!
It was so nice outside on the deck "shucking" corn!
Hot, dripping with real butter and salt! Delicious! This was the perfect meal for a sunny, breezy, beautiful day!
They were giving away free copies of this, and if I fill out a short, online survey, I will recieve a free 1 year subscription! It is pretty cool...tells all about the local farms, markets, and healthy, sustainable food scene in and around Pittsburgh.
Look how beautiful these nectarines and plums look! And they taste as sweet and juicy as they look!

I am a sucker for really good, fresh salsa and homemake chips...and these did not disappoint! These are from a little resteraunt in Canonsburg.
Can't you just smell and taste these tomatoes?! We threw a small steak on the grill...sauteed up some red peppers and onions...cut up a couple of these tomatoes and then.....some corn on the cob!
Glad I took a picture of these blackberries as they are gone already! So sweet and juicy!
It was so nice outside on the deck "shucking" corn!
Hot, dripping with real butter and salt! Delicious! This was the perfect meal for a sunny, breezy, beautiful day! Can't wait until the next Farmer's Market! Might take all the kids to the big, evening market Friday night....stock up for the weekend! I feel so priviledged to be able to have all the farm fresh produce available....I can't wait until my garden starts producing! We have lots of little green tomatoes right now, and lots of flowers on the zucchini and cucumbers....hopefully, within the month...we will be walking outside picking our own! Hope to do a lot of canning and freezing this year as well! Hope you all have a chance to stock up at a Farmer's Market near you! ~Sue~
4 comments:
Fresh salsa is definitely better than the canned stuff......only it is much more expensive =(
Mmmmm....I LOVE farmer markets! The food always tastes so much fresher (maybe because it is! :))
Wow! Which restaurant in Canonsburg?? I must have missed it!
We visited the Strip yesterday, so we, too, had yummy, fresh corn.
That sounds like a great deal you got on Edible Allegheny. It's a great magazine. I picked one up at the Home Show a few months ago, and I really enjoyed it.
Beautiful photos, by the way! Give hugs to your family from us!
This reminds me of Wednesday afternoons walking to the farmers market in the old neighborhood. Neighborhood walks with you all were good times =]
After eating very few veggies and fruits in Zambia, I'm reminded how blessed we are here to be able to have fresh foods and clean water to rinse them in!
Post a Comment