Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Overdue update...with photos!

This has been such a crazy, busy, emotional 2 weeks! I feel like saying "stop the ride! I want to get off!"...hopefully, things will settle down now, and I'm feeling the need to guard our time jealously...especially since the emotional stress of my Uncle's death, the funeral and then the "busyness" of life have thrown me into a pretty bad fibro flareup....hopefully, it will start to ease soon...especially if I get a chance to rest a little for a few days. So....quick update on the Gorecki family...in photos!Ron was a pallbearer for the funeral and he was such a comfort to me...I'm so glad he was with me! Usually, he is working on Saturdays and wouldn't have been able to take off.
As this was the day before Mother's Day and we knew we would be out all day on Sunday, the kids decided that Saturday would be MY Mother's Day! This is what they did while we were gone at the funeral. (I love bare feet! )

We pulled into the driveway to this HUGE, beautiful sign for me! (they had a lot of fun making it)


My four wonderful blessings! I am so grateful to the Lord for each one....each one is so special!



My guys! Ronnie insisted on getting his picture taken with his Dad in front of the Penguins flag....Stanley Cup, here we come!

Anna wanted me to swing with her on the tire swing....boy, it was windy that day!
~We had a restful, wonderful day the rest of the day....got my favorite dinner (Carrick Poultry chicken!) and just enjoyed being home with all of us together! (watching the hockey game, of course!)
Sunday, after a wonderful church service and a lunch of leftovers....we set out to visit and honor our mothers! We stopped at Ron's mom's house on our way to my mom's. Here is "RoRo" with Ron and the kids....we were actually able to visit her for a little while, then again in the evening after leaving my mom's house...we walked in and she had warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies for everyone!
Here is my lovely mother! Poor Mum....she had had knee replacement surgery a few weeks before and between her knee pain and her sciatica pain...she was really hurting. We all stayed for dinner, cleaned up then left to allow her to rest. Her knee is doing much better, but her back is still very, very painful. Hopefully, she'll be able to get help tomorrow.

Here is one of my beautiful sisters, Pam and her twins Tina and Justin. (you know, mom's are never actually IN the pictures, so we try and take some with our children whenever we can!)

Someone took this one of me with the kids over my mum's house. We all had a great time being together that day! (should have taken a picture of the scarf that I crocheted for my mom...it is beautiful, warm rust color made out of very thin bamboo yarn....turned out beautiful!)

Our favorite model, Anna with her favorite stuffed animal (of the moment!)..."Rosebud"....the littles are very into the "Airbuddies" movies right now! It's next best thing to owning a dog....and with 2 cats and Ron & I not being dog people, this will have to do!


This same week, after watching Ty every Wed. & Thur., we had a cubscout picnic at our home on Friday....Praise God, it didn't rain! Here the boys are working on their "Leave No Trace" posters.

The guys visiting while waiting for dinner to be ready....

My friend, Ranea graciously offered to be "grill master" for me....so we worked together to get the "smokey" work done! It was a lot of fun for everyone! We are done with cubscouts now....it is a great organization, but with 4 children, Ron's nightturn work schedule, it is not a good fit for our family...but we've found a wonderful alternative for Ronnie called "Contenders for the Faith"...where he will still get together with Christian young men, and work on skills, character traits and earn achievements while growing into a strong, christian young man. I think we're going to love it! Meghan and Sara did the companion to it, called "Keepers at Home" when they were younger and still have the books and are working thru them...while Anna will have a little "Little Keepers" group of her own with a couple of her little friends.

After the girls and I being at youth group Saturday night, on Sunday Ron had a little high school reunion party. Here we are before we left.....we don't look TOO old for a 29th year reunion! Even though I didn't go to his school, I knew a lot of people since I worked in the neighborhood at the bank for years...even before I met Ron!
What a crew! I wish I had taken more pictues, though.....we had a good time, and Ron was like the mayor...he knew everyone! We're looking forward to the picnic that they are planning for next years 30th reunion!
~So....there is our update! Last night, the girls and I had our Maiden's group and finished our study of 'Beautiful Girlhood'. It was such a nice night, as every time we get together with this particular group of girls and moms always is! Three of our group are moving back to the state of Indiana next week, so we will miss Jenny, Megan and Sydney very much! We will be starting a new study next month on the book "Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth Prentiss.....we are very excited about this one! Hopefully, we will have a couple of new families joining us for this study. (I hope so!)......so today....off to work on more laundry, schooling (12 more days to go!)....then Meghan is babysitting this afternoon and Ron is going to the Springsteen concert tonight....he really excited about that! He always goes with my cousin, John, and the two of them have a great time! May everyone have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Ella said...

How did Meghan's speech go, the one she was giving at y'alls group? I know she was nervous!

Erica Melugin said...

Hey, I like y'all's new pic for the header! SORRY... I've been away so much lately!

Michaela said...

Ella, both she and Sara were AWESOME!!!! :)
I couldn't even tell they were nervous (even though I knew Meghan was for sure ;) THe husband of one of the moms at our group used to teach public speaking. And she (the wife)said that they had beautiful voice projection/expression and good stance.
Meghan, even though i know you cringe at the very thought...you and your message was terrific. I'm proud of you, girlie! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of wishing your Mom a happy Mother's Day by writing with chalk.:0