Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fy-fee-fo-fum fiddle, can you solve my riddle?

Tonight, we (except for Ronnie and Anna) went to Uncle Rich's viewing. Tears, hugs, and lots of kleenexs later, they closed and we had to go home. But my mom had been craving ice cream, and we just so happened to be near one of her favorite old ice cream places that we haven't eaten at since before we moved. We stopped in (Meghan, Mum and I; dad had to pick up the littles from a friends house) and had a scoop of ice cream. I had Birthday Cake, which is sooooo good, and while we were eating, the owner (a sweet, nice old man who is very personable) came over to chat. There were no more customers (being it was 9 PM), and it just so happened his grandfather survived the TITANIC! Oh my word, I was so surprised! He told us stories about his work at the history museum as a docent, and kept us laughing the entire time. He was a FUNNY person, so he decided to give me a riddle. I mulled over this riddle for 30 minutes, then FINALLY got it. I am going to post the riddle and give ya'll one week to comment with what you think the answer is. I am not going to give any hints, but here it is:
There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those who cannot.
That is the riddle :) Good luck :P

9 comments:

Erica Melugin said...

OK I'm totally without a clue, but I'll be thinking on it, maybe I'll post my answer in a few days!!!

imove92 said...

Haha. Three kinds of people, but only two are mentioned. Did I get it?

Bella said...

Okay, this could be totally wrong. I think that it is that the person who wrote the riddle is one of the ones who can't count. (Since he only described two people.)

That's so neat about the person who's grandfather survived the Titanic! How neat that you got to meet the grandson!

Katie said...

Three kinds of people but only two are mentioned?? Aye??
~Bekah:)

Katie said...

I keep meaning to say that I am soooooooooooooooo glad y'all have your blog up and runnin' again!!! Sorry, it took me sooo long:(
Love you girls (yes, Mrs. G too;))!!

Sara said...

Nope, Dani- you didn't get it >:) LOL it is tricky

Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure.=)

Sara said...

BELLA IS RIGHT! She guessed it! Wasn't it tricky?

Bella said...

Yay! Neat! Well, actually, I didn't find it too tricky. It could have been because I made myself take it on slowly and try to understand it as a whole... I don't know. :) However, I'm not always that good at riddles. :)