Saturday, May 9, 2009

Orange-a-licious

Ok, the title is odd, but once you hear the story, you will get it. I promise. I hope.

Anyways, after Anna's surgery, my grandma bought her two cute little books: pinkalicious and purplelicious. All about this little girl who would only eat pink things and only eat (you guessed it) purple things. One of the reasons my grandma bought this book is because the character looks exactly like Anna Banana.
So yesterday Anna and Ronnie were hungry and bored. I was too, cause I forgot to eat breakfast. So I pulled out our electric orange/lemon/lime/grapefruit/etc. juicer and juiced me some orange juice and grapefruit juice. Yummo. Anyhow, Anna saw me making it and wanted some. Of course, Ronnie did too. So I made them a new drink which I named Orange-a-licious and Pink-a-licious (Pink grapefruit). THEY LOVED IT! Here is the recipe for happy campers :)
  1. You will need an orange (a big one) and a juicer.
  2. Cut the orange equally in half and juice it with the machine (or by hand)
  3. Now, scoop out the yucky pulp from the peel (which should be still perfectly round)
  4. Check peel for holes or rips.
  5. Pour your juice into the peel!
That's it! Grapefruit juice is better cause the peel is bigger... I also found that while they didn't like grapefruit juice alone, they liked it with some added Stevia... who knew? Here are some pics of them enjoying their drinks:Anna drinking her orange juice :) She helped squeeze the juice, which was cute!
Ronnie especially liked his GF juice ;)

The 'cup' for the juice :)

No comments: