I'm not sure what to say, except please pray if God puts this on your heart. Today, in Pittsburgh, 3 police officers were gunned down and killed and 2 more wounded. All three men had children....one was in his early 20's, only on the force a short time and has a new baby. One had been on the force for 15 years protecting our city and is leaving a wife and 6 children. According to the news, the gunman used an AK37 assault rifle, and said that he was afraid that President Obama would ban weapons....it sounded like that was his excuse for the shooting as he held his own mother hostage.
One of our good friends is in charge of that zone and those were his men. I spoke with his wife earlier, and ask for prayer as he does his duty in this case. My youngest brother-in-law is also a city police officer and due to be married over Labor day....please pray for all of our officers....for strength, bravery and most of all safety....for the families of the slain officers...for their children, wives, parents, loved ones...comfort and peace....oh, and forgiveness for this (I can only guess) disturbed young gunman...for God's peace, comfort, strength and forgiveness to go forth today....for our city, and our world. ~Sue~
4 comments:
That is horrible! When those types of things happen, we really can clearly see the wickedness of our fallen world! Hopefully those men belonged to Christ! I will definitly be in prayer for their families...and for the gunman.
We will defintely be praying. That is so sad, horrible and unbelievable all at the same time. I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now. I will defintetly be praying for healing both for the families, police department and , especially, the gunman.
I'm gettin' all teary-eyed as I read this post! My Dad is in the PD where we live, and presently in detective work. I've heard such stories from him happen in our own community. I WILL be praying for the families! Ü
Morgan: Yes, all we can do is pray...
Michaela: I can't imagine the horror and grief with their familes.
Southern Maiden: I will be praying for your father, and tell him thank you for me for keeping the peace.
Post a Comment