Happy, happy 30th birthday, Tom!!! Ron's youngest brother, Tommy, just turned 30 years old yesterday...it is so hard to believe he is 30!!! He also is a City of Pittsburgh Policeofficer. This weekend, with the tragedy of losing 3 good officers, it made being able to spend time with Tom even more special...although the celebrations were much more subdued than they would have been normally. Saturday evening, a very subdued gathering was held in South Side for Tom...and he set up a very special memorial to his fellow officers. He had a flag with the police logo draped over a table, with each one of their pictures with the letters E O W and Saturday's date. He told me that that stands for "end of watch"...and my tears started to flow. He also had a cross, and a beautiful prayer for policeofficers on the table. Knowing that it could just as easily been Tom, made these family gatherings so precious to us....Tom is very, very special to us and we were so happy to celebrate his life!
When Ron and I met, he was just turning 8 years old...he was so cute! He used to stop into the bank where I worked after school was over and get money for the local pizza shop...he knew I couldn't resist him! Here he is in our wedding 20 years ago....wasn't he cute?!
When Ron and I met, he was just turning 8 years old...he was so cute! He used to stop into the bank where I worked after school was over and get money for the local pizza shop...he knew I couldn't resist him! Here he is in our wedding 20 years ago....wasn't he cute?!
Tommy played hockey for years thru middle school and highschool for Canevin High School. Ron loved to watch him practice and was at most of his practices and games. Now...Ronnie really looks up to him and loves to "talk hockey" with his Uncle Tommy!
This was the day he became an officer. Oh, we were so proud!!! Ronnie was so impressed that his uncle was a brave policeofficer...and Ron was glad he was able to take Ronnie to Tom's graduation.
Here is Tommy and I (don't know who is in the background)...I look at him and remember all the times he stayed over, we took him iceskating, and how much I've loved seeing him grow into a brave man! (I'm crying again writing this...seems I've been very "weepy" all weekend!)
This picture is very special...my brother-in-law, Sean is on the far left. He lives in Chicago and flew in for Tom's birthday. It is rare that my mother-in-law has all her children together at the same time....between Sean living out of town, Ron & Tom both work weird shifts, and Maureen works long hours. Ro was so proud to have all her children together.
Yesterday, we all were at Ro's house for Tom's birthday and to celebrate Easter since Sean was home. Anna loves playing tea party with Ro's special bunnies, bears and tea sets.
Ronnie had fun playing with his cousin Michael, too!
We all loved seeing Aunt Peppy and Uncle Joe...and all the cousins. Aunt Peppy is Ro's only sister...together, the two of them are crazy!
Here is another picture of Sean, Maureen, Tom and Ron
I saved this picture for last...Tom's fiance', Kelli, is one of the sweetest people....and she's crazy about Tom! The reason that I saved this for last....is that even after a difficult weekend, and I'm sure a very difficult week...the best is yet to come for Tom....he and Kelli will be married in just 5 months and will start their lives together. We are all very much looking forward to their wedding and welcoming Kelli into our family....she is so good for Tom and makes him so happy! We love you both, Tom and Kelli! Happy 30th birthday, Tom!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment