Before I scurry off to write some very belated letters to my friends, I wanted to take this opportunity to write on our 'resurrected' blog! :)
Lately, between Easter, Anna's surgery and everything else, I've been feeling very hurried and busy. Like there's not enough time in a day. I realize this is from a whole bunch of different things that were all my own choice: waking up late (9 a.m to 9:30), not having at least a very basic plan for my day, staying up late reading and dawdling over my few chores that are required of me. I need to prayerfully consider what I do each day; instead of leisurely sipping a cup of coffee in my jammies with sleepy eyes at nine-thirty in the morning I should get up, (early!) get dressed, make bed and then get coffee and do devotions. The Lord directs my steps, however, it is up to me to make good choices for my day including having a good attitude towards work, schoolwork, the speech I'm starting for school, and/or any interruptions that come.
My intentions are great....I've tried setting my alarm early, even placing it across the room so I have to get up to shut that annoying beeping sound off, but most times I do that.....I crawl right back into bed for two more hours. Regrettably my daily devotions have been on the back burner. Now that the weather is so nice and warm (more like HOT!) the lovely birds have been singing in the trees through out the neighborhood, their 'dawn chorus.' Since our room is at the front of the house, close to a bunch of bushes, shrubs and a tree, I get a front row seat for the dawn chorus. At five or six o'clock on a Sunday morning, after tossing and turning from a stuffy nose all night, it is NOT PLEASANT! TO HEAR!! :) Ahem.....anyway, maybe this rather boisterous 'dawn chorus' will get me up and out of bed but not to just lean over and shut the window. :)
Please pray for me that I have a desire to get up early in the mornings to spend time in the Word and the desire to do my utmost best through the whole day for the Lord-and not to be lazy and slothful! In my opinion, my behavior has been the world's 'typical teenager on summer vacation' behavior-not a daughter of the Lord behavior.
To close....between Anna's surgery and preparations for that with making special foods, and finally finishing up the schoolwork I was very behind on, the past two weeks have been so busy and kind of crazy but now finally, the Lord has granted me peace, and a vision for productivity for my days, but most of all, a desire to more fully know and treasure Him.
Lately, between Easter, Anna's surgery and everything else, I've been feeling very hurried and busy. Like there's not enough time in a day. I realize this is from a whole bunch of different things that were all my own choice: waking up late (9 a.m to 9:30), not having at least a very basic plan for my day, staying up late reading and dawdling over my few chores that are required of me. I need to prayerfully consider what I do each day; instead of leisurely sipping a cup of coffee in my jammies with sleepy eyes at nine-thirty in the morning I should get up, (early!) get dressed, make bed and then get coffee and do devotions. The Lord directs my steps, however, it is up to me to make good choices for my day including having a good attitude towards work, schoolwork, the speech I'm starting for school, and/or any interruptions that come.
My intentions are great....I've tried setting my alarm early, even placing it across the room so I have to get up to shut that annoying beeping sound off, but most times I do that.....I crawl right back into bed for two more hours. Regrettably my daily devotions have been on the back burner. Now that the weather is so nice and warm (more like HOT!) the lovely birds have been singing in the trees through out the neighborhood, their 'dawn chorus.' Since our room is at the front of the house, close to a bunch of bushes, shrubs and a tree, I get a front row seat for the dawn chorus. At five or six o'clock on a Sunday morning, after tossing and turning from a stuffy nose all night, it is NOT PLEASANT! TO HEAR!! :) Ahem.....anyway, maybe this rather boisterous 'dawn chorus' will get me up and out of bed but not to just lean over and shut the window. :)
Please pray for me that I have a desire to get up early in the mornings to spend time in the Word and the desire to do my utmost best through the whole day for the Lord-and not to be lazy and slothful! In my opinion, my behavior has been the world's 'typical teenager on summer vacation' behavior-not a daughter of the Lord behavior.
To close....between Anna's surgery and preparations for that with making special foods, and finally finishing up the schoolwork I was very behind on, the past two weeks have been so busy and kind of crazy but now finally, the Lord has granted me peace, and a vision for productivity for my days, but most of all, a desire to more fully know and treasure Him.
2 comments:
That is wonderful that you have been feeling those convictions to be more productive with your time! I have been experiencing that same conviction to not waste a single moment of my life, but to use it all to give glory to God. Even in small everyday life things such as doing my chores, school, ect.
I have a horrible head/sinus cold/infection since when I wrote this entry. Blech. Between the heat, fibro aches and pains, and now a cold...I'm SLOWLY working on being more productive. :) Waking up really early (like 6 a.m as I had hoped) is going to be put off until my cold is better. But waking up before nine o'clock is fairly easy because I don't feel like going back to sleep with my cold! :)
Thank you so much for the encouraging comment, Morgs. :)
Post a Comment