Saturday, March 14, 2009

More...times of REST....

Well...after Anna was done with the stomach bug going around....it hit again last night with a vengeance! Around 4 am....a wiggly little boy climbed in bed with us, and snuggled around....couldn't get comfortable, and around 4:45am...we found out why....his stomach. While we were all lying there trying to get back to sleep, we heard some strange noises downstairs....well, having 2 cats who like to play at night, I didn't think a lot about it...I kept listening for Anna to wake up sick. Found out this morning...it was Sara. Both Sara and Ronnie have been sick since 4am...and are still sick. Right now they are both sleeping, so I thought I would post quickly.

Someone was "teasing" me recently about blogging. Asking me "why do you blog"...and" who cares to read about your life anyway?"...I know she was just teasing,but it got me thinking.

I've discovered that I love to write! My girls love to write! This has been a wonderful writing experience for both of them and has really expanded their writing skills. Also, someday....hopefully, my grandchildren will be able to read this...and have a good idea of what life was like now...from what we ate ( which is why I post our menus), what our daily life was like, who we spent time with and our thoughts on different subjects. I also keep a journal...hand written,very plain. I will admit, though, that since we started our blog my journal has been sadly neglected...and yet it is still important to me. It is record of our lives that technology cannot erase, ever. Writing by hand hurts me pretty badly due to the fibro...although, thank goodness, crochet and embroidery does not..and actually keeps my hands less stiff...as does typing. I can type much faster than I write and it does not hurt me.

This has been a winter of sickness here....first, Ronnie's surgery December 3rd....and it seems from the day after Christmas it's been one thing after another. As the pediatrician that I spoke with yesterday told me....it's been that way for most people. I try and look at these times as times of 'enforced' rest. Activities are curtailed, and even being busy around the house is cut back on as a little one wants me close by "just in case" they need me. Obviously, God knew each time before any of us caught a virus....so whatever He ordains is ok with me...I might not like it or choose it myself, but I accept it and try to see the positive things in it.

So....today, we'll be home...not running to a children's resale, not going to our youth group evening....and looks like I'll be the only one going to church tomorrow....and a quiet Sunday at home to look forward to.

The girls and I have a lot of ideas for posts about our experiences with modesty and clothing....as well as lots of thoughts about our journey living a 'creatively frugal, thrifty " life....and we're planning lots more.

May you all be blessed....even in times of 'enforced rest'! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sad everyone is sick! I will continue to pray for you all! Please tell Sara I hope she feels better:(

Judy Kay said...

We wondered why you weren't updating your blog. Hope all get better soon, we'll be praying.
God Bless
Judy

Anonymous said...

We had a winter like that last year. It was horrible. Prayers for you to be better.
Mandy