Meghan here! So far so good. Still chilly, shaky and my head hurts. :( Because of this virus we have to miss church tomorrow but hopefully we will be okay to go to Maidens this coming Monday. We're wrapping up the study of the book Beautiful Girlhood and I believe we should be done with it at the May meeting. Then we will be reading and discussing Stepping Heavenward. I, myself, have never read it but I hear it is wonderful!
I have to extend an apology. The Modesty Week, held at the Stay at Home Missionary, ended....yesterday. And nary a word or thought from us here at My Simple Blessed Life. Woefully neglectful I've been about posting-especially through this past Modesty Week. As daily tasks, schoolwork, finishing a certain-something (finally!) sickness and activities crowded my time this past week I did not post a single thing about modesty. Rest assured that at least one of us will post about modesty in the future days-when life settles down a bit.
I will give you all three very dull things (indeed) before going to sleep:
First- I spent most of the day lounging, eating pretzels and drinking Gatorade to help settle my queasy stomach.
Second-I finally watched Dial M for Murder this afternoon while cuddled up under a big blanket. To be utterly frank, I wasn't very impressed with it. My opinion of Alfred Hitchcock movies might be a bit biased because I watched The Man Who Knew Too Much, first. Grace Kelly and Robert Cummings were phenomonal, I must say. And they look so adorable together, too! Ray Milland.....humph. I never did like him. Suffice it to say that I wasn't thrilled with how they explained almost every. single. little. detail through the character's dialogue. Though I suppose it went with the plot, somewhat. It wasn't overly suspenseful though there were moments of "What did he say that for?!" "He's giving his entire plan away!" I am excited about watching the movie Strangers on a Train (another Hitchcock film) sometime soon before I have to return it to the library.
Third and last-Because the above 'very dull thing indeed' was overly long, I will be brief..................GOOD NIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment