Anna isn't having her surgery until April 24th...and we found out today that my mom needs knee replacement surgery on April 27th....I feel so badly that I won't be with her...as I understand that Anna will feel pretty badly for awhile. But....
A dear friend's mother is having major back surgery this coming Monday...and we're praying for no complications, a quick recovery, and that she is able to handle rehab...and be able to be home until she is completely recovered. Thanks for your prayers!
I thought it a little strange that my husbands memory verse, and the quote on my perpetual calender for today were about the same thing...and it was shortly thereafter that I found out about my mom's surgery.
His verse is 1Peter 4:12 " Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you...." and my quote was " Even when we cannot see the why and wherefore of God's dealings, we know that there is love in and behind them, and so we can rejoice always." J.I. Packer
I was so blessed by these today! This morning, Anna started "pluking" again...she had been sick Wed. night, but was fine yesterday...then was sick again this morning....until around 1pm, when it seemed as if someone flipped a switch and she was fine! She was outside all afternoon playing, and has been fine ever since. As she improved today, I worsened....what I thought was the beginning of a head cold, was....and it is now a full blown cold.
I've had a cough for 8 weeks now....I've been having a terrible fibromyalgia flareup as well...and was feeling discouraged today....just so VERY tired of sickness! Then....God gives me the scripture and quote...and a beautiful, warm, sunny day and suddenly, everything seems in perspective to me again. He always knows what I need when I need it most!
One of the things that He reminded me of (because I am so very HARD-HEADED that I don't get it the first time....or the 2nd or even the 3rd times!) is what are my personal "triggers" for the fibro....what makes me feel worse? And....they are different for everyone. One of my main culprits is STRESS....excess busyness and running, not enough rest or just calm periods of staying at home and in a routine....I feel best when I am home and in a routine. Also, food sensitivities are a big issue for me....especially sugar, msg and gluten. I am particularly reacting right now to gluten....even having a rash on my hands/wrists. While talking to a friend today about her illness and mine, we were talking about triggers...and then while I was making dinner, for some reason I grabbed a cd that I hadn't listened to in a long time. It was "24 Hours is all you have" by Mrs. Susan Bradrick put out by Vision Forum. This CD blessed me considerably today...and made me laugh ( and Meghan laugh as well) as it simply reiterated what I already knew...and have so much trouble DOING! I will be listening to it again in the next couple of days and jotting down some notes as the Lord reveals to me His plan in a practical way for me, my health and our family. I really needed a "priority" check! And...since I have such a hard time remembering things unless they are written down...I'll dust off my trusty journal, find my nice pen...and WRITE IT DOWN so I can ponder, again, what the Lord is saying to me.
Wow! This was supposed to be a short post only, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets caught up in "life" and "busyness"....and loses her focus on the Lord's will and guidance. Hopefully, this semi-confusing post will bless others as well! In the days to come, I have lots of ideas to add to Meghan's post about modesty....it IS possible to dress modestly, femininly and WARM in skirts in the winter time! And....just as importantly, cool and comfortable, and modest in the warm months as well...even for active little girls...or not so little girls! Well, I am off to tuck my little ones in...and I am hitting the hay as well! May you all have a blessed, restful nights sleep! ~Sue~
2 comments:
Posts meant to be short are rarely ever short! But it's actually one of the things I like about blogging =]
I will definitly be in prayer for all three of those things...and that your family will be well again! :) I agree, thiis day has truley been a blessing. I'll be in prayer
Post a Comment