Friday, February 6, 2009

We're having a new addition to our family!!!

No....we're not having another baby ( although that would be great!), my brother-in-law, Tom is getting married! He recently became engaged and brought his beautiful bride-to-be, Kelli, over for dinner. It's nice to see Tom so happy....and Kelli is as sweet as she is beautiful! My little ones really took to her.Tom and Kelli
Kelli and my mother-in-law, Ro.

I love this one! I said to Ro " Your young daughter-in-law and the old daughter-in-law!"....or the new one and the old one....either way....I'm the old one! LOL
I was telling Kelli something and told her what someone had said to me and called me "Mrs. Gorecki"....then I looked at her and said " And...you'll be Mrs. Gorecki soon, too!"....she had the most startled look on her face and said " wow...I guess I will be....Mrs. Gorecki....that sounds funny!" I remember the first year we were married....it took that long for me to realize that whenever someone called me Mrs Gorecki that they weren't speaking of my mother-in-law! The wedding will be over Labor Day.....we can't wait! Tom turns 30 soon, so we can't wait to have them over again soon for a birthday celebration dinner! Congratulations, Tom and Kelli! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Patti said...

I'm going back and reading some posts I had missed.

When Gary and I were first married (nearly 23 years ago!!), his boss introduced me to his 3 year old son as Mrs. Gardner. I was in my mid 20's at the time, and I felt SO old being addressed that way, so I said to the man, "Mrs. Gardner's my mother-in-law. Henry doesn't have to call me Mrs. Gardner." The boss looked at me and said, "I NEED him to call you Mrs. Gardner."

I didn't understand at the time, but as I have had children of my own, I, too, have wanted to instill the respect for an older person by having my children call them Mr. or Mrs. I don't want my children calling adults by their first name.

Although that's quite against the norm nowadays, I think Gary's boss made great sense.

Love,
Patti