Friday, February 6, 2009

MP3 Players and Movie Night

First things first:
We got our MP3 players! Since both Meghan and I have laptops with our music on them, it was a constant conversation as to who's going to play her music when we were in the same room. Since I like more upbeat christian and Meghan likes hymns, slower music. Well, we decided (with our mother's blessing of course) to use our babysitting money and buy them while they were on sale. We went to Kmart yesterday and picked them up and they are the best! Now, instead of Meghan and I fighting over music, we put on our ear buds and we each have the music we want. We, despite the popularity, do not crank up the volume, so we can still hear if our parents or anyone needs us. Conditions for them are: my mom will do routine checks on our music, we cannot use them at the meal table (obviously), and we need to take very good care of them. I gotta go, my friend is here.

Later...
Tonight, instead of going to Farmhouse Coffee (a christian coffee house nearby) we instead had a Girl's Night In with our dear friend Danielle. When she arrived, we pulled on our PJ's (fuzzy slippers included) and headed towards the kitchen. After we brewed coffee, we made homemade Lattes with chocolate syrup and whipped topping. Then we went downstairs to our gameroom and put in our movie: Phantom of the Opera. Oh my goodness, I love that movie! Since all three of us are movie talkers, we provided ourselves with running commentary on it. For example: "Why is she doing that? She is being hypnotized by the phantom, who has major anger issues, and she is oblivious to the man who truly loves her!" or "The phantom is crying! He is actually feeling emotion! Told ya he had feelings!" This went on through the entire movie. With a slight pause to run up and get popcorn: butter, salt, and parmesan cheese for Meghan and Dani, chocolate syrup for me (I know, gross, but it is sooooo good!) and back on the movie went. We watched, engrossed with the film, until my dad yelled down the steps, "Dani, you need to leave like now if you want to get home by eleven." She still has her 'Cinderella License' and has to be home by eleven or else... so we stopped the movie reluctantly and said goodbye. Here's hopin I don't have nightmares :o) So here's to a great girly night with a great friend.

3 comments:

Ella said...

I postively love my MP3 player. I got it from Best Buy over Thanksgiving. It's great!

Good. So whenever we watch a movie together, I can talk and you won't tell me to be quiet! =)

Marissa Kayann said...

I got a MP3 player for Christmas last year. I love it! =D

~Marissa

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love my mp3 player also! I don't know what my life would be like without music!:)

-Morgan