Since Sara blogged about our wonderfully fun time with our friend Dani yesterday evening, I will blog about our time spent yesterday afternoon with our friends Michaela and Morgan.
Morgan and Michaela
It was so much fun! We took lots of pictures, laughed and teased a bunch and overall, had a swell time! As you can see by our laughing faces in the picture below. :)
Tess taking a picture. :) She's so sweet!
Michaela and Morgan thinking and talking. "Awkwa-turtle!" :) (Inside joke) :)
Arianna and Tess (Michaela and Morgan's younger sisters) played so nicely with Anna!
Left to right: Tess, Anna and Arianna
We all hung out together and played Balderdash near the end of our visit. That was interesting and hilarious! :)
Michaela and Tess playing Balderdash-they were a team!
Our visits with all our friends never, ever seem long enough. :) Michaela and Morgan's younger brothers, Seth, Colton and Titus, played Legos with Ronnie-which he loved! Poor Ronnie usually plays Legos with one of his sisters. :( Playing with boys was a refreshing change. :)
Michaela and I spent some time by ourselves looking through her beautiful hopechest! I read her VERY FIRST short story that she wrote when she was ten. Apparently (humph!) she'd never shared it with me! :) We talked about how weird it seems to be thinking of when we're married living with our husbands. Randomness is a blessed quality in our friendship! :) I then pointed out how weird it'll be that for the majority of our lives we'd be married-and not with our moms and dads and siblings. She showed me her beautiful placemats she sewed, her (ahem, matching) crocheted pot holders, and some old pictures, among other things. She had some antique photos of her grandparents in there and I verbally pounced on them with a squeal saying, "OOhh! Old pictures! Is there any wedding ones?" :) It was really neat to see all her childhood mementos, treasures and gifts. When we were looking through some of her old letters to me that I had saved, I found some adorable 'doll letters.' When we (sniff sniff!) still played with our dolls, we had them write letters to one another. So, Michaela's (doll) daughter Jess would write letters to my (doll) daughter Samantha, and so on and so forth with the rest of our dolls. :) On more than a few envelopes it said, "Meghan, Maggie and Samantha Gorecki." Those were the days! :) Just a random thought, does getting older mean you get more reminiscent? Like I've seem to be doing. :)
We all had such a wonderful time! Mothers included! :)
I am so, so grateful for our friendship-it feels just like we're family. :) Love you guys!








2 comments:
I had so much fun too! And yes, randomness is a blessing, and we do excell at it! haha Glad you had a great evening too- sounds like you guys all had a fun time! :)
~ Michaela
Thank you Meghan! I had a lot of fun too! I always have such a nice time with you all!:)
-Morgan
Post a Comment