You know what I'm talking about: the feeling like your a fruit gusher with too much juice inside and someone squeezes you one more time, you'll pop and spew juice out on everyone? Well, I just popped. The Christmas season is here and though I had bought all my presents, I still had to make eight ornaments for some people (not telling, just in case they read this blog). Very easy to make, but I need to sew them up. On top of that project and desperately needing to get a shower, I forgot to do my math for yesterday because I was babysitting in the morning and again in the evening, so I have two math lessons on my plate today :(
Because Meghan and Mom had to finish shopping for gifts (Meghan is buying mine as we speak...) mum asked me to load the dishwasher from breakfast (normally Meghan's job, but she didn't have time). I agreed, but then the realization hit me: I HAD TOO MUCH TO DO! When my dad nicely reminded me to finish the kitchen, I blew up. I broke down on my bed and cried huge tears of self pity. A scripture ( I don't know the reference, sorry!) came to me in the middle of my tear fest: 'Be still and know I am God'. No matter what we have on our plate, we need to do just that: be still and know He is God.
So the next time you eat a fruit gusher ( which I doubt many of you do... but I'm just sayin), remember that the next time you're like that piece of chewy candy waiting to spew, just simply BE STILL AND KNOW HE IS GOD!
PS: By the way, Merry Christmas! ; )
2 comments:
Hey Sara-
You have gotten on my blog and commented, and asked to comment on your blog! By the way this is Lydia!
That sounds like me!! [hahaha]
Very good reminder!
Merry Christmas-
Lydia
Thanks! I love your blog... what state do u live in?
~Sara~
Post a Comment