This group has been such a blessing to all of us. We've dug into God's word to see what He says about Biblical Womanhood ( and girlhood, of course), we've had wonderful discussions where all of us ( moms included) have been able to support, encourage and exhort one another in our walk with the Lord, in our parenting, and in our marriages...and the girls are all learning at their mother's side...sometimes along with us. It is fun to see quite a few of the young ladies bring some form of handwork to do as we talk...knitting, crocheting, embroidery...it is not required, and not everyone does it, but it is fun to see what the girls are all creating. It is also fun to see how many pairs of sisters there are: usually if all are attending, there are four sets of sisters. Three are pictured. :)
Sara and Meghan
Hannah and Courtney
Michaela and Morgan
This past Monday, we had our December meeting/ Christmas party. We read a chapter, prayed, discussed and prayed some more...then we had an ornament exchange with the girls...what fun they had! There was lots of wonderful food...from stuffed mushrooms, ham hordeovoures, bruschetta on homemade toast points, pistachio cake, citrus cake, Mrs. W's famous dip and chips, homemade chocolate confections ( the oreo trifles were amazing!) and of course the ever present popcorn! Afterwards, each girl had a chance to make a beautiful ribbon board ( courtesy of the Goettel's!) to take home as a special keepsake that they had made with our Maiden's friends...all in all, it was a very special, memorable evening!
7 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a lovely time with all of you girls together!
That is something my Mommy and I have always wanted to do and it is such a blessing that you girls get to do it.
God bless!
~Bekah:)
Hi Sue!
I wanted to tell you your blog looks so cute. Megan and Melissa are excited to be able to keep up with you guys. It's nice to hear from you. We will have to "chat" more often now!
MandyN
Maidens of Virtue is an incredible book. Mom and I read through that book some time ago together. We loved it But very convicting!
I just found your blog and am SO encouraged by it!! This post, in particular. My daughter is only 2 1/2 and I cannot wait to go through both of the books you mentioned with her. I long for a group of godly mothers and daughters to have this type of study with. What a blessing!
His,
Mrs. U
My daughter (Ella) and I LOVED Raising Maidens of Virtue. We also did a couple other studies like that, but we have always done them just the two of us. Sadly, I haven't had the blessing of finding others moms and daughters who were interested in doing such a study with us. The lack of like-minded fellowship is a HUGE problem, that's why I'm so glad that my daughter has connected with other maiden-minded young ladies through the internet. Yes, there's much evil on the internet, but it has also been a great blessing...as it has brought into my daughter's life young ladies that she wouldn't otherwise have a chance to know.
Love in Christ,
Patti
I believethis might be our most popular post! Thanks for the encouraging comments!
~Sara~
Thank you for your wonderful comments...we are indeed blessed to have such a special group of like-minded moms and daughters...we have a wonderful church family, but this is truly a group of kindred spirits! Mrs. U.....I don't know where you live, but I would dearly love for you to come and visit...Miss Patti and Miss Mandy as well! What a wonderful time we would have!!! ~Sue~
Post a Comment