Wednesday, June 27, 2012

yarn along....

Joining in with Ginny this week for her weekly yarn along!  Haven't done this in so very long, and the crocheting is coming slowly the more my hands & elbows hurt, but I am determined to finish this afghan for my niece by September at the latest! LOL

I try to follow Karen Andreola's advice from her book "A Charlotte Mason  Companion" for 'mother culture' and keep at least 3 books going....the Bible and other devotional books, some 'light' fiction (in this case I am on the 13th book in "The Wheel of Time" ) and 'learning' book....in this case "Cleaning House:  A Mom's 12-month experiment to rid her home of  YOUTH ENTITLEMENT" by Kay Wills Wyma.  Excellent book!!!  I've just started it, after waiting months thru the library system, and it is very convicting....and also written in an open, humerous way.  Will post more as I get further into the book.

Hope you all are enjoying fiber and books on this beautiful summer day!  ~Sue~