My very special niece, Amanda, flew in from Las Vegas recently for her baby shower! We are so very happy for she and her husband, Dan! They are expecting their first son in October. (he may join us sooner, as she is in a high risk pregnancy due to type 1 diabetes) She is doing amazingly well, but could only be with us for a few days before she had to fly home...but what a wonderful time we all had helping her celebrate and prepare for her son!
 |
| Amanda has loved monkeys since she was a little girl...and I was so happy I was able to find some 'monkey' board books for her little guy....and I was able to make her.... |
 |
| A monkey blanket! The front has brown monkey faces on a cream background, and the other side is brown with white, yellow and green polka dots...I used 1 1/4 yards of flannel for each side, so he can use it for many years....and the double flannel wears like iron and gets softer the more it's washed...so I hope it gets many years of love! |
 |
| Three generations...my mother-in-law, Ro...her daugher, Maureen and Amanda. |
 |
| My nephew, Ben, his wife Crystal and their boys Hayden and Austen made it in from Deleware for the shower. Ben is in the Air Force and we don't get to see them as much as we would like, so it was a treat to see them all! |
 |
| Amanda (due October) and my sister-in-law, Kelli (due beginning of September) |
It was a beautiful shower! My sister-in-law, Maureen did a great job! Many prayers and much love to Amanda, Dan and their little guy!!!