![]() |
| Something that I didn't talk about much on this blog before I took my hiatus, was afflictions...specifically Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia...the 2 chronic illnesses that I have. I never wanted those to consume me, to define me...I didn't want to fall into the trap of self-pity...but honestly, they are a big part of who I am...they touch every part of my life. The sleepness nights...the daily bone-weary exhaustion...the heaviness of my limbs...sometimes it is hard to hold my head up. The weakness (dropping lots of things...or falling frequently)...the pain...the swelling of joints...muscle and joint pain...lots of medications (and subsequent side effects ) it has become just a part of my everyday life and my families' lives. It took me a long time to come to accept that this was my cross....and to count my blessings in spite of it. But God is ever faithful...He is so faithful to lead and guide...to comfort...and to gently re-focus me on His goodness and the many blessings in my life. He uses my little book...along with His Word to focus me...to remind me...to uplift and encourage me...and today, I want to share a little bit of what He has been telling me...what I am continuously contemplating as I go about my days. "An affliction hits a believer never by chance but by God's divine direction. It is not only the grace of God, but also His glory that is revealed when a believer can stand and quietly endure an affliction." Joseph Caryl " It is thru our trials and afflictions that God gives us fresh revelations of Himself." Nathaniel William Taylor "If you have been praying to know more of Christ, do not be surprised if He leads you thru the desert or through a furnace of pain. I cannot explain exactly how we are able to receive the power to serve and to endure thru communion with God, but I know it is a fact. Are you in danger of being crushed by a heavy and difficult trial? Then seek communion with Christ and you will receive strength and the power to be victorious, for God has promised "I will strengthen you" (Isa. 41:10) Steams in the Desert If you would like more encouragment...please read the posts at http://refined-redeemed.blogspot.com/ Refined As Gold, one of the blogs of my daughter, Meghan and her dear friend, Shannon....I'll be posting over there occasionally as well....as we are all being 'refined as gold'. ~Sue~ |
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you. 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Some daily grace....
One of the many books that have blessed me is the daily devotional 'Streams in the Desert'. This little book has ministered to me so very, very much over the years and I've shared it with many people. From time to time, I'll be sharing some parts of this special little book with you as well as my thoughts....below, is some amazing grace...that came at a much needed time. May you be filled with peace that passes all understanding...the peace that only Jesus can give.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment