
This is a picture of the afghan that I FINALLY finished for my niece's wedding gift. This was such a soft yarn to work with. I first learned to crochet and last winter during our 36+ inches of snow and 2 little ones with whooping cough, I taught myself to knit...and am now addicted. Will post next week a couple of finished projects along with one almost finished shawl and one started hat. (I have found that crocheting is so much faster for me...but ends up being very painful with my RA and Fibro...knitting is so much kinder and gentler to me)
The picture above also shows one of my youngest daughters favorite books at the moment, "The Spinner's Gift"...what a warm, beautiful book!

I am reading my 2 favorite magazines....curled up in my comfy queen anne chair with the beautiful, warm wool sweater that my husband blessed me with for Christmas. I just discovered Hobby Farm Home and love it! The above issue has features on making homemade yogurt , and cooking with the pressure cooker, which I have been loving lately and will be using tomorrow.

Maryjane's Farm magazine has been a favorite of mine for years and the new issue just arrived in the mail today! Wonderful reading for a cold winter's day!
For more inspiring "yarn alongs", go visit Ginny's blog at the link above. What is inspiring you in the afterglow of the holiday season? ~Sue~
5 comments:
Your afghan looks beautiful! I haven't ever read Mary Janes Farm, and I bet I would love it!
Oooh love both of those magazines to!! Our local bookshop holds them for me as soon as a new one is released and I can't wait to get new copies *grin*. Your afghan looks lovely to and the color of it is great! Happy new year :)
what a lovely post, great colour yarn and I love the look of the spinning book, those magazines look a perfect choice for cozying up with.
happy days from the UK
x
Wow - an afghan! Long term projects kinda scare me yet. :) It's lovely!
Hi Sue,
Hobby Farm and Home has another wonderful magazine. Urban Farm. It is new. I got my first copy and wow.
I love your afghan.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment