
I'm back in 'blog land'...and find that I've missed journaling my thoughts and a little about our lives. I also am finding that menu planning is now ESSENTIAL...especially as my wonderful husband gets paid twice a month now instead of every week...so, if I can stretch menus out to 2 weeks worth at a time and only go grocery shopping once...I think we can save a lot of money, and always be prepared with whatever we need on hand. So...here is this weeks "Menu Plan Monday" for 1-3-11 thru 1-15-11 (we have kefir smoothies everymorning as a snack between breakfast & lunch...so I won't list them repeatedly)

Monday 1-3-11
Breakfast- oatmeal & apples
Lunch- leftover ham/potato casserole, greenbeans, tangerine
Dinner -Black beans & Rice, salad with homemade dressing
(to do: make hardboiled eggs, granola, gluten free bread and yogurt)
Tuesday 1-4-11
Breakfast-Granola & yogurt
Lunch -bean & cheese quesadillas and salad
Dinner-SmokedTurkey leg paprikash in crockpot with gf pasta and steamed carrots
Wedneday 1-5-11
Breakfast -GF pancakes with homemade jam , tangerines
Lunch - Homemade tomato soup, cheese, nut crackers & apples
Dinner- Crispy chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, salad
Thursday 1-6-11
Breakfast- eggs and gf toast, pineapple
Lunch -potato soup, cheese & nut crackers, homemade pickled veggies
Dinner -Pepper steak with mushrooms and brown rice
Friday 1-7-11
Breakfast -GF apple muffins
Lunch -chicken lettuce wraps, tangerines
Dinner -Crockpot orange chicken, jasmine rice and steamed broccoli
Saturday 1-8-11 (9AM basketball game)
Breakfast-muffins and yogurt
Lunch - Leftovers, fruit
Dinner .-Homemade gluten free veggie pizza and salad
Thru out the week, we eat fruit everyday, fruit kefir smoothies everyday, so I don't list every snack. But this is our plan for the week. I've been loving my crockpots...sometimes the main course is in one and rice is in another....I've also been loving my pressure cookers...yes, plural...a huge one for large meals and the smaller on for main courses or for rice.
You can link up for menu plan Mondays by going to http://orgjunkie.com/ or just to glean some great ideas from others who have benefited from menu planning!
Now to TRY for an earlier night and earlier wakeup tomorrow! Due to a lot of health issues that I've had this year, and especially this past 2 weeks, we are seriously in need of some organizing and getting into workable routines for our family....and God is so faithful to lay them out for us......back to schoolwork tomorrow! Have a blessed week! ~Sue~
No comments:
Post a Comment