Saturday, October 9, 2010

What a difference a week makes!

Last Friday, my littlest girl came down with the flu...oh, my...was she ever sick! Above is my poor Anna sleeping on a hot water bottle because her ear hurt...she had a fever and was bundled up...she had thrownup, had terrible congestion and cough...the works. Then...her brother followed 2 days after her with the same symptoms....and the two of them have been slowly working thru this all week. It hit them very fast and furious! I've been giving them lots of vit. D, elderberry and vitamin C...along with lots of soup LOADED with garlic. So far...the rest of us have managed to avoid it. But.....Tuesday evening...my wonderful hubby stayed with the little ones so my older daughters and I could attend a worship concert that we had had tickets for and were so looking forward to...and we weren't disappointed.
This was a worship concert at our church with Paul Baloche, Katherine Scott and Brian Earkson...it was wonderful! The spirt of worship filled the church as every song, every statement pointed to the Lord....oh, how I needed an entire evening without interruption to just WORSHIP...to REST in Him and just praise Him!

It was Sara's first ever concert and she wasn't sure what to expect...but to look over at my daughters and see them loving and worshiping so freely the Lord who loves them so very much...it was an experience that I will never forget. I bought one of Katherine Scott's cd's...I wish I could have gotten one of each of them, but the lyrics of one of her songs particularly touched me...."...I'm falling on my knees....offering all of me...Jesus you're all this heart is living for." Brought me back to a simple focus on WHO I'm living for.


I know it looks odd....going from a wonderful worship experience to a loaf of bread...but that has been my week! LOL A week of contrasts...of highs and lows. Lots of purging went on this week in between nursing my little ones....paring down, organizing and simplifying...God has given me a plan and it has been so nice to see some of it coming to fruition! Today (since my awesome daughter ground over 35 pounds of grain into flour for me the other day), I was able to bake my husband 4 loaves of freshly ground, whole wheat flax bread....2 plain and 2 with caraway seeds. He loves my homemade bread so much and it is so healthy for him (gluten containing anything is NOT healthy for me, however)....with him working so many hours right now working 2 full time jobs plus fixing cars...I'm trying to keep him as healthy as possible.
So I was happy to surprise him when he woke up tonight (he worked all day yesterday, slept for 3 hours...worked all night and morning today...and has to go back into work at 2am) with lots of fresh coffee and lots of homemade, healthy bread with homemade peach jam. I was so happy to bless him in this way!
Not a lot of homeschooling happened this week...not typical lesson plans, but lots of learning DID occur in spite of the sickness in our home. Another post coming soon about alternatives to typical school days.
So....how was your week? Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, blessed weekend! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Bella said...

Poor Anna and Ronnie. Glad they are on the mend. That's how it was with the stomach bug we had. We came down with it within hours of each other. :( So glad you all enjoyed the concert!