Friday, October 22, 2010

technologically challanged...or learning something new

Ok...I know I was born for another era...not sure which one...I think I could fit well into many different time periods...but not this one!(although I DO like electricity and especially plumbing and running water!) LOL

So...last night, our family went to the "mall". Now, you must realize that I hate the mall...my husband hates the mall...and I actually hate shopping at all...but all 6 of us trooped to the mall. This is because I would rather talk to a human being in person, than try and do something online or by touch-tone phone. The reason, (for all of you waiting with baited breath) is because it was time....time for my daughters to get cell phones.

We've held off on the whole "every child must have a cell phone" thing, but lately they've been babysitting so much and working/volunteering so much outside the home that after an incident when Meghan was done early from an activity and had to wait for me to pick her up...after much prayer, we decided it was time for the girls to get phones. And...in the interest of time and convenience, we decided to get texting as well. We have also discussed with them the importance of being responsible, paying for them monthly themselves...and not giving their numbers out to everyone.

For anyone who knows me...this was a surprise! LOL My mom and sisters are so excited...as is a close friend who does not have internet, but does have texting...and 8 children and is very hard to get a hold of.

I'm getting the hang of it..as my girls good-naturedly laugh with me. I love learning new things and I am determined to conquer this! LOL I don't want all of the bells and whistles of technology...but will use it to my advantage and benefit for my family.

There are so many things I want to learn! I'm hoping that having texting will keep me off of the phone (now if my dad would only get texting! LOL)...and still allow my extended family and friends to keep in touch if they need me.

What new things would you like to learn? Winter is the perfect time to cozy up and learn something new. Blessings on your weekend! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Anna M said...

So....did you get the iPhone4??? :-)