Games....family time....we've been trying to play more games as a family, and it has been surprisingly challenging finding games that all 6 of us can play. When Anna learns to read just a little bit better....it will be easier. Apples to Apples was a little much for her, so we moved on to my grandmother's game of Pokeno.
Pokeno is very like Bingo only with cards, which has actually taught my 2 younger children all the different suits of cards. Oh, my goodness....who would have thought we would have laughed so much! Anna was so funny...she got more Pokeno's than anyone and was tickled. This was a game we all enjoyed! We've been playing UNO as a family and the game of Pilgrim's Progress is always a favorite.
This week, we're going to try Yahtzee with Anna and see how she likes it. Family time around the game table is so much more fun than movie nights, I think. We talk more, laugh more and generally interact more together. We do love our movies together, especially in the winter with a fire going and popcorn or homemade cookies.
We're up for suggestions, though, for some games that are fun for a wide age range....and especially good for an "almost" 6 year old! Let us know your favorites! ~Sue~
1 comment:
Wow! I was probably Anna's age the last time I played Po-Ke-No! I don't remember how to play, but it's a good idea to pick it up again and learn with my family. I agree that games are more fun than movies. Have you played Farkle? Fun! Fun! Fun!
Post a Comment