Saturday, July 17, 2010

A 'whirlwind' month!

I'm back...thought I would update on everything that has been happening in our lives for the past few weeks. In my last post, I mentioned that our special girl , Gabrielle, has come to stay with us for 3 weeks. Well...this past Tuesday, she flew home to Idaho to be with her family...it is strangely quiet without her here. Our time with her FLEW by...and along with all the late night talks, movies and food network shows that we watched together...there were tons of get togethers with friends for...photo shoots, picnics, movies, baking (the chocolate expresso cupcakes were a huge hit...along with the lemon cream cupcakes with strawberry jam filling and lemon creamcheese frosting....do you think the girls have been watching "cupcake wars" on Food network?!)...family parties, graduation party, pizza at Danny's, many lunches at Panera's, shopping, card games, swimming....along with lots of laughter, a few tears, lots of talking, praying...and making memories! Here are some bits and pieces of our summer the past few weeks: Lunch at Clementine's Tea Parlor in Ohio....Meghan, myself, Sara and our sweet Gabrielle.


Cubscout day camp for Ronnie...a full week of all day activities with over 200 boys...it was so cool! I got to help out for a day and it was great!


Archery, slingshots, BB gun target practice, science experiments, games and crafts filled Ronnie's days...."guy stuff"!



My sweet nephew, Ty.....his 2nd birthday party was on the 4th of July (my dear husband's birthday)...what a wonderful party with family, good friends and the most awesome fireworks I've ever seen...right over our heads, courtesy of my brother-in-law, Todd!

I LOVE this pictures...the girls were doing the country line dance the "Hoedown Throwdown"...we laughed so hard! Lots of sleepovers with various friends...and of course, for Meghan and Sara...it was a glorious 3 week sleepover with Gabrielle!

The trail ride that Sara and Gabrielle went on was so much fun for them...and a very special memory.

Treated my Dad to a special father's day lunch at Big Jim's. This has become an annual tradition...he tells me all the old stories of when he was growing up, we drive thru his old neighborhood on the way to the resteraunt, and he has my undivided attention for hours...his stories never grow old to me...I love to hear them and they make me feel closer to my Gram, who I miss so very much!

This week....a whole week of basketball camp! 3 hours every morning of basketball, drills, scrimmages, devotions and fun...I love the Upwards program! Ronnie has really gotten good at basketball and has had a great time, too!
~Tomorrow....SLEEP! LOL ~
~ (Sigh....) Now that it seems as if our summer is settling down a little bit...I'm feeling the desire to "nest"...to clean out and organize, move furniture around, CLEAN...and get books organized. I'm very excited for our school year coming up and want to get organized. But first...more memories to be made...time with family and friends, swimming, picnics, bridal shower, lots of birthdays, a family reunion and finally...a family vacation to Lake Chautauqua, New York at the end of August with a day at Niagra Falls thrown in! What a great summer! Hope everyone's summer is going well...enjoy it and make some memories! Blessings! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Patti said...

Yes, you are having a fun and busy summer, aren't you? I love all the photos. The one of you four at the tearoom is SO lovely. LOVE it!!

I look forward to the Niagara Falls photos when you return from that trip. I have never been there...I love waterfalls!!

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Patti

Ella said...

I didn't think I talked THAT much =) But it was a glorious three weeks wasn't it. Y'all have truly made me feel like a part of your family.

Of course, since I am not, I cannot wait to see pictures of everything that you do!

Love you!