Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home, Sweet Home!

Home sweet home! The girls and I had a wonderful trip to Ohio this past week! Gabrielle flew in on Tuesday evening from Idaho for a 3 week visit with us, barely unpacked, then off we went to Ohio! My little ones had a great time with Dad, then 4 days with Grammy and Buppy...they enjoyed themselves so much and can't wait to go back. We headed to my friend, Stephanie's house. What a great hostess she is! She even had lots of gluten free food for me (thanks again, my friend!) and her boys couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful! We had a wonderful time! We also went to the CHEO homeschooling conference in Ackron, Ohio. (that is a whole post in itself!) then, for a short visit with our dear friends, the Teeter's. (Sara is staying the week with them until the 4th of July) It is so good to be home! I missed everyone so much, and...when Sara is home again, all will be right with my little world! LOL Here is a little bit about our visit: Steph and I at the little town of Olmstead Falls. What a wonderful, beautiful little town!!! It is a late 1800's restored town and the businesses renting the spaces are perfect! The barber even came outside and offered to cut our hair! LOL There is a shop called "Yarn Knit by Sue"...I kid you not, and Steph took my picture by the sign....the nice man inside taught me how to knit the 'continental way' instead of the american way (which is much easier for me, being that I crochet) and even invited me back for their 'knit-in' that evening!

Stephanie treated us to a lunch at 'Clementine's Tea Room'....oh, it was good! Wonderful food, beautiful atmosphere...and special friends...what more could we ask for?!

Our three beautys , posing on a deck overlooking the Rocky river.

We visited a beautiful rose garden....(Meghan didn't want to leave!)

To go to the beach at Lake Erie at sunset...it was the most beautiful sunset...and unique, as well....as we were able to see the sun sinking thru a cloud...just gorgeous! 'Praise you God of earth and sky!!!'

The girls had fun wading in the 'surf'.....my Sara will always 'pose' for me!

My girls....I wanted this time with them since it seems as if sometimes, life is so busy and they are growing up so fast...just some special memories with me and my girls! I know I will be making many more...and I'm so glad that Ronnie and Anna had the time with Grammy and Buppy to make special memories as well.
~This week...Cubscout Day Camp for Ronnie all week! Yesterday, I worked it and got to see all the cool things he is doing this week, take pictures (of course)..then he went to hockey last night...both of us were wiped out! I was so blessed, though, that Meghan and Gabrielle made a delicious dinner for us...thanks, girls! Now, off to make Ronnie breakfast before I take him to daycamp. Have a blessed day! ~Sue~

4 comments:

Patti said...

Really sweet photos.

I'm glad y'all had such a lovely time. I wish I had been able to join you.

Do you know that although I lived in Western Pennsylvania for 15 years, I never once went to Lake Erie. I've seen two of the Great Lakes, and Erie is NOT one of them, even though I was only about four hours away. Go figure that one!!

Anyhow, I'm so glad the girls are having a great time together. Gabrielle really needed this trip.

Have a blessed day.

Love,
Patti

Stephanie said...

We had a great time with you and the girls!

Dayna said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read all about the conference!

Bella said...

How fun! What a great trip! We werre just at Morraine today, too. :)