Making memories, having fun, preserving the harvest for wintertime...some of the things I love about summer! We had the opportunity to pick strawberries with friends recently, and had so much fun!
Our "Peony" in a strawberry patch!
Sisters...doing everything together. It was so beautiful...cool & comfortable with a pond in the background...
Anna and Hannah...
Ronnie and his friend, Aaron...
(sorry about the steam) mashing the cooked strawberries, which yielded....
20 1/2 pint jars of jam! Since Meghan made dinner (simple salad and black bean pie, recipe courtesy of Dayna http://pleasantboundaries.blogspot.com/ )...I am going to rest for a little bit, shower...then it is off to my nephew's highschool commencements. Have a blessed weekend, everyone! ~Sue~
3 comments:
Remember...you're sending a jar of your delicious homemade jam home with Gabrielle, and I'm sending a jar of home-made, home-grown plum jam with her. I think I'll also send along a jar of cherry jam too.
Love,
Patti
I love the scenery where u picked the strawberries. I bet that jam would be divine with Mikes homemade bread...yummy. Mike's dad planted strawberries but all the rain just made them all soggy an rot..:(
Love you have a wonderful weekend.
Jolyn
It's so nice to know that when we return (in 5 weeks!!) there's a place to pick strawberries (although they'll be gone by then). What a great bounty you have there. By the way, Caelyn has an amazing salad recipe using strawberries.
Thanks for the "shout out" to Pleasant Boundaries.
See you soon, my friend!
Post a Comment