Thursday, June 3, 2010

Simple summer pleasures...

Thru out the summer, I want to journal some simple summer pleasures we are enjoying. As this is our family (and my personal) photo journal, I like documenting the old-fashioned fun times we have as well as the milestones and memories in our family. I remember being a little girl and running thru my Gram's clothesline on a hot day...lying under the shade of the sheets, playing hide and seek and marveling at how the wind would make those sweet smelling sheets swell and billow like sails on a ship...yesterday, I had the chance to experience this same wonderful memory with my own children and little nephew.
Anna and Ty ran thru the sheets, chasing each other and hiding from each other, squealing with joy the whole time...it was so precious to watch!

The other evening, Sara & Ronnie ran and hollered and played in a drenching, warm rain storm...having a blast and making fun memories...


When everyone tired out, Sara used some of the sheets and made a shelter where these 3 lay down, watched the clouds and Sara told stories to the little ones.
~Just one of my simple summer pleasures I enjoy...my clothesline, watching my children making memories...sitting in the shade of a maple tree, with a cold drink, maybe some knitting or crochet, enjoying the peace and watching my children play . What a nice way to take a break from the work and heat of the day! I'll be posting more of our summer pleasures soon. What are some of your summer pleasures? Have a blessed day! ~Sue~

4 comments:

Jolyn said...

AHHH that is great. the simple pleasures of life. Those are the ones you can't buy. I wish I was there with my class of tea sitting there with you. 23 days and counting..
Luv u,
Jolyn

Farmgirl Cyn said...

We used to do that with my memere's clothesline! We would put a blanket or an old sheet over the line and create a tent. There is just something special about a cozy place you have all to yourself (and my younger sister!) This brought back lots of happy memories, for all those involved have passed, including my sis.

Dayna said...

Sue, my children still talk about the rare moment or two when I've let them play in the rain. (I am, after all, Suzie Safety.) Now, they like to be risky by swimming on cool days, like today. Crazy kids.

I look forward to reading more about your family's simple pleasures and treasured memories.

Patti said...

Thanks for welcoming me back to the blogging world. I have indeed missed it and am glad to be back.

I LOVE hanging sheets on the line. There's nothing like getting into the bed the night after you put line-dried sheets on.

With the exception of Garrett's jean, sheets are the only thing I line dry. Gary doesn't like the stiffness that line-drying brings to his jeans and T-shirts. (Garrett doesn't want any chance of shrinkage, so he's willing to put up with the stiffness).

Very cute photos. Looks like they had a ball.

Love,
Patti