I wish I could post more often lately, but it has just been so busy around here! LOL With WARM, SUNNY weather, we've been outside so much soaking up the sun and fresh air and/or lots of activities this week...but one of the best ones were being able to spend time with friends! Due to my little ones being sick so long over the winter, we did not get to see our friends very much at all...and oh, how the Lord has blessed us with good friends! The above picture is of my friend, Renee and I knitting. She is the much more advanced one on the right...and has actually been teaching me a couple new stitches. I've been crocheting for years, but am DETERMINED to master knitting! (hence the lack of blog posts as well...I'd rather have yarn in my hands than the keyboard!)
Two wonderful resources...I especially like the knitting pocket guide on the right. I was able to get the knitting one and a crocheting one to carry in my craft bag...perfect size!
~After an afternoon at the playground and visiting with the Williams', I had a very pleasant surprise in a phone call from my dear friend, Stephanie, from Ohio....she was only in Pittsburgh for a couple of hours and could I get together? We had a wonderful visit at Eat N Park, just us girls! (after being with 13 kids all day, it was NICE to chat uninterrupted! LOL)
And THEN....today was our annual homeschooling workshop/curriculum fair. I got to see and talk with lots of friends that I don't get to see very often...and I've been thinking ever since....the Lord really has been so kind to me to bless me with lots of like-minded friends....friends I can laugh with, cry with , pray with and mutually support. We've been able to carry our friendships over with our children, as well. Seems the Lord knows exactly what I need when I need it! I think being home with sick children all winter, myself having fibro flareups, the TONS of snow and the uncertainty of my husband's job ( we still don't know anything)....really got me a little depressed....which is very unlike me. Usually, I am the optimist...the glass is not just half full, it is over-flowing....but it has been a hard winter for me. I was able to share this with some friends from church at our small group....and humble myself and ask for prayer...and after talking with some friends the past two days....I think this was a particularly hard winter for many people.
I am so grateful to the Lord for 'knitting' me together with Godly friends! I know the support, the 'listening ear', the laughter and encouragment that we offer to each other is a priceless gift! ~Sue~
Two wonderful resources...I especially like the knitting pocket guide on the right. I was able to get the knitting one and a crocheting one to carry in my craft bag...perfect size!~After an afternoon at the playground and visiting with the Williams', I had a very pleasant surprise in a phone call from my dear friend, Stephanie, from Ohio....she was only in Pittsburgh for a couple of hours and could I get together? We had a wonderful visit at Eat N Park, just us girls! (after being with 13 kids all day, it was NICE to chat uninterrupted! LOL)
And THEN....today was our annual homeschooling workshop/curriculum fair. I got to see and talk with lots of friends that I don't get to see very often...and I've been thinking ever since....the Lord really has been so kind to me to bless me with lots of like-minded friends....friends I can laugh with, cry with , pray with and mutually support. We've been able to carry our friendships over with our children, as well. Seems the Lord knows exactly what I need when I need it! I think being home with sick children all winter, myself having fibro flareups, the TONS of snow and the uncertainty of my husband's job ( we still don't know anything)....really got me a little depressed....which is very unlike me. Usually, I am the optimist...the glass is not just half full, it is over-flowing....but it has been a hard winter for me. I was able to share this with some friends from church at our small group....and humble myself and ask for prayer...and after talking with some friends the past two days....I think this was a particularly hard winter for many people.
I am so grateful to the Lord for 'knitting' me together with Godly friends! I know the support, the 'listening ear', the laughter and encouragment that we offer to each other is a priceless gift! ~Sue~
3 comments:
My dear Mra. Gorecki, know that if you would share your burdens in our direction, we would lift you up in prayer....encouraging you.
But I know how it is--to have people who are there for you no matter what--that is a rich blessing from the Father.
Love
Gabrielle
Enjoyed getting together with you. So glad that you could drop everything and meet with me at the last minute like that. It is such a blessing to have such a lasting friendship with you. We were young mothers together, both desiring to be good helpers to our husbands, both praying to be good mothers, and both learning as homeschoolers. God has blessed me and my family so much through you. He has made my journey so much easier by giving me a friend to come alongside of me for Christian companionship! Thank you for showing me Christ's love for me through you.
Love you, Sue!
Stephanie
Oh, my dear Gabrielle...I know you would, and trust that you keep us lifted up in prayer anyway!
And, my dear friend, Stephanie...I feel the same way about you! What a blessing you are! Love you, too!
Post a Comment